L&M Intake Cams: Dyno results

oldbones

The blue bowtie
Established Member
Oldbones, How much compression are you going with, if you don't mind me asking? I'm on e85 and was just thinking, What if?? THANKS!

Not too much, originally I wanted to go 12:1 compression, but I will end up with 11.5:1 compression. I run spray on the car and I didn't want to find the oct limit of E85.

Jumpmaster2015

Established Member
Hey I need some advice. I really want to swap the rear end gears around June or so, but I also know I want to add boost to this setup somewhere very far down the road. Should I go with 3.55 or 3.73 with these plans in mind? I think I could use a bit more pep than my 3.31s have to offer.

oldbones

The blue bowtie
Established Member
I have 3.73 in my car and I want to go back to 3.31. My Hoosier QTP's spin badly at the track. I might need to work on the suspension a bit. I have a full bolt-on BMR suspension minus front struts and I can't get this car to pull a decent 60ft, it spins first gear and the bottom half of second gear.

Jumpmaster2015

Established Member
I have 3.73 in my car and I want to go back to 3.31. My Hoosier QTP's spin badly at the track. I might need to work on the suspension a bit. I have a full bolt-on BMR suspension minus front struts and I can't get this car to pull a decent 60ft, it spins first gear and the bottom half of second gear.
I installed 295 Pirelli winters that I picked up with my rear wheels shortly before I installed the camshafts, and now I cant hook if the roads are wet. I may not pursue the 3.73s then, especially since I am keeping this car and it will see boost one day.

Jumpmaster2015

Established Member
I got a couple graphs back, two of which are when the car was heat soaked. I have an appt to put the car on a dynonet style dyno to settle the debate. I plan on porting the cj manifold before the appt.

sur_real1

I Am The Organizer
Established Member
So, can I assume because you didn't post numbers, you are not happy with them? I know the dyno that you were on very well, and it is our local heart breaker dyno.

sur_real1

I Am The Organizer
Established Member
Let me rephrase, you aren't happy with the curves on the graphs. Not the numbers. You post the numbers at the beginning I think.

Jumpmaster2015

Established Member
It says the pic is too big to post on here. I'll try shrinking it when I get home. In the end it's just a number. I'd like to see the differences between dynos out of curiosity at this point. There are too many inconsistencies for me to base performance off dyno numbers, they just seem like a good way to boost egos

Last edited:

Jumpmaster2015

Established Member
Let me rephrase, you aren't happy with the curves on the graphs. Not the numbers. You post the numbers at the beginning I think.

There were 7-8 pulls, and I have seen graphs from 3. The shop said one of the pulls made close to 440, but I have not seen it. The final pull was 415. This pull was halfway through the process.
dyno.png

SixPak

Established Member
IMG_1419.jpg
Seems about on par with what I ended up with. The lines on my graph were smoothed out, so the spikes don't affect the final reading. Right now I am considering a shot of NO2.

Jumpmaster2015

Established Member
I have the manifold uninstalled, and I am about to start porting. I have the general idea from Drew's pictures, but does anyone know what style dremel bits I should start out with, and progress towards?

Users who are viewing this thread