L&M Intake Cams: Dyno results

Jumpmaster2015

Established Member
Wow awesome build sir and thank you for your brave, honorable service. Really sweet car!! Are these intake only cams better than comp stage 3 cams?
For the record these ARE custom grind comp camshafts, but I would say they are compareable to the stage 3s based on my numbers. The stage 3s are too aggressive and valve float can scan up on datalogs

Jumpmaster2015

Established Member
Im not promising the dyno graphs people, its been five days with no response. You can take my word that these cams are worth the install. Youre missing out if you do not have them.

sur_real1

I Am The Organizer
Established Member
Well, TMS has been having a pissing fest argument with a customer of theirs over a supra. So, they might be a little busy :p

gt5.0coyote

Established Member
For the record these ARE custom grind comp camshafts, but I would say they are compareable to the stage 3s based on my numbers. The stage 3s are too aggressive and valve float can scan up on datalogs

Ok great. Yea that wouldn't be good at all. Thanks for the info!

SixPak

Established Member
Im not promising the dyno graphs people, its been five days with no response. You can take my word that these cams are worth the install. Youre missing out if you do not have them.

I will second this.

As I posted in the other thread, I picked up 17rwhp/20rwtq with just the cams. But the real gain is the increased power band. In my case the power comes on strong around 4500 and stays there till 7800+. I was told I didn't need to upgrade the valve springs so I didn't. But if I were to do it over again I would just for the comfort value. A set of Boss Springs would have been my choice. Billet oil gears are a must, and I tossed in some boss timing chain tensioners just because. These cams coupled with a 4C and a cobra jet intake really wakes these coyotes up.
Keep in mind you will need to consider putting the power to the ground, so tires and some rear suspension work will be in order as well.

image_zpsuzyhtne0.jpeg

image_zpsuzyhtne0.jpeg

Last edited:

Jumpmaster2015

Established Member
Dude I cant hold traction even with 3.31 gears right now while WOT. I think I may wear out my winter tires and buy some Nittos this spring.

Also, I had an incident with bad E85, again. I loaded up a full tank, and the AFR would not budge down from 11.0 on the track ap. The cylinder head temps also did not budge. It must have been pulling timing because I lost a shitload of power, but everything went back to normal after running it out and filling up with 92 again.

I am guessing the quality was sub E70. I do not know how the flexfuel fully reacts yet, and I probably wont run E85 again until I move back home to Minnesota this summer because this is the 3rd time I have received shit E85.

oldbones

The blue bowtie
Established Member
Dude I cant hold traction even with 3.31 gears right now while WOT. I think I may wear out my winter tires and buy some Nittos this spring.

Also, I had an incident with bad E85, again. I loaded up a full tank, and the AFR would not budge down from 11.0 on the track ap. The cylinder head temps also did not budge. It must have been pulling timing because I lost a shitload of power, but everything went back to normal after running it out and filling up with 92 again.

I am guessing the quality was sub E70. I do not know how the flexfuel fully reacts yet, and I probably wont run E85 again until I move back home to Minnesota this summer because this is the 3rd time I have received shit E85.
Man I really want to buy these cams, but the price keeps going up. I might buy something else.

Jumpmaster2015

Established Member
Man I really want to buy these cams, but the price keeps going up. I might buy something else.
Mike and I talked for a long while when I was purchasing these, and he does not make much of a profit off of them. He contracts out to have these produced, once for the camshaft cores and again for the actual grinding by Comp. It is also the "slow" season for performance shops, and that may play into the pricing strategy as well.

Jumpmaster2015

Established Member
good that's awesome! hopefully you can get some better number documentation than I did. I gave up on my dyno sheets I do not think they will be sending them to me.

oldbones

The blue bowtie
Established Member
Unfortunately mine won't be a direct comparison, since they are going in my new motor. which will have a bump in compression and ported cylinder heads. I'm hoping to crack 530-550 rwhp on motor, hopefully that is not too ambitious, but the little 5.0 did make 466 rwhp on 91 oct with baby CJ cams.

SNIPER

Established Member
Unfortunately mine won't be a direct comparison, since they are going in my new motor. which will have a bump in compression and ported cylinder heads. I'm hoping to crack 530-550 rwhp on motor, hopefully that is not too ambitious, but the little 5.0 did make 466 rwhp on 91 oct with baby CJ cams.

Oldbones, How much compression are you going with, if you don't mind me asking? I'm on e85 and was just thinking, What if?? THANKS!

Users who are viewing this thread