L.E.D.'s are giving me problems......

fuzzydice

White Hot Lightning
Established Member
I just changed out my 3rd brake, reverse, tails, and inside dome lights with L.E.D.'s. Bought them from speed and truck.

When i push the lever down to signal left or right, it stays on and doesn't tick on and off like its supposed to. When it stays on it makes a weird buzzing noise and i checked under my steering wheel under the dash and its coming from some mechanism near the bottom right area of the steering wheel. Its a weird buzzing noise, as if something is stuck. Thats the best i can describe it.

Any idea what it might be????

INFAMOU$

The Infamous Project
Established Member
Sounds like a relay is messed up! When they go bad sometimes they will make that buzzing sound as the arms flickers back and forth like 20 times per second! Most likely your issue... Sounds like you may have some voltage issues with the LED's you installed?! Were you suppose to install resistors or anything?

Could be just a bad relay.. but i have a feeling it is most likely related to the LED stuff you installed! Try and isolate it by removing one LED that you installed at a time.

Chris

lightninmike

skeered to mod it
Established Member
You need a new flasher. With LED you dont have enough voltage to trip the flasher so that the lights blink.
I got mine from Chris Nelson. He operates a Napa up this way in Ct. I bet you could get one from him or atleast a part number if you dont want to wait for it

venom1997

Screwed by the Twins
Established Member
yup you need an led flasher superbrightleds has them i have even seen a few in autozone that are led compatible

The one at superbrightleds that you need is probably ep27(same as the one i used for my cobra) just look at your prongs and match them up

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread