L and HD owners BEWARE!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlownSVT00

Established Member
This is a TRUE story by a good friend and fellow L owner Woody. I believe that this is a good warning and "heads up" for all of us looking for a "built motor" and pretty much the works. Later, Jimmy

"Hey guys if you have your truck built take it to one of the big guys like Jim and Johnny!!!!! In the morning I will start my legal battle with James at Race Related.

He said he would give me a warranty, He said it would be done in 5 weeks with him breaking it in, He listed the parts I would be getting. Well non of those statements are true. At week 9 I was fed up with his excuses so I went to FL on a surprise trip. At that point he had told me he was breaking in the engine when a tranny seal went and that was the reason for the latest delay. Well when I got to his shop my truck did not even have an engine in it. Even more so THE ENGINE WAS NOT EVEN BUILT! he gave me this line of crap saying his life was like the movie "LIAR LIAR". That he just could not meet the time schedules that he tells people. But if he did not lie to them they would leave. Well I stuck with him and now I have really been taken. I don't have a purge, JDM mid pipes, flip chip, and so on... But what I do have is a truck that drinks oil, and a guy who told me he would warranty the truck for a year(he told me this when we made the deal), and now he will not return a phone call or an E-mail.

So in short go to a reputable business guys! Oh my truck has alot of power no doubt, but I know the other guys can do the same for you!!!!! Some one put me out of my misery! I'm flat broke and my truck drinks oil as bad as it drinks gas if not worse! There is alot more to this story but I think this is enough to get my message across.

P.S. Please feel free to post this EVERYWHERE"

Originally posted on the NLOC http://www.nloc.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&postid=492367#post492367

BlownSVT00

Established Member
Originally posted by OutLaw99
hey jimmy, was up
-kris, NLOC, CLOC

thats what you get for not going to Dave Laxton.

Kris
Well, first off it wasn't me..........it was Woody. Secondly, there were factors in why he didn't go to Dave that most people don't know. Like the fact that originally Dave told him that he didn't have the time to do it with TSDuke's HD and the F-body he had in the shop already. It is Woody's only mode of transportation and he really needed his truck back ASAP. I loaned Woody my 97 S-10 SS (you've seen it) for 3 months while he went thru this fiasco...........so it is near and dear to my heart. Anyhow, the point of this post is to help out others and make sure noone else gets the SCREWS put to them like Woody.

P.S. If you haven't sold your L before April............please see if you can make it to FFW Commerce GA this year. Should be a good time.

Later, Jimmy

Outlaw99

Join us.
Premium Member
yeh, that was a bad ass little s-10...i wasn't saying that to be rude about not going to Dave. i didnt know woody was in that kind of a bind. nice of you to loan him ur truck...i just would not trust anyone but dave. did duke ever get the HD going?

Overkill1000

Established Member
Originally posted by BlownSVT00
This is a TRUE story by a good friend and fellow L owner Woody. I believe that this is a good warning and "heads up" for all of us looking for a "built motor" and pretty much the works. Later, Jimmy

"Hey guys if you have your truck built take it to one of the big guys like Jim and Johnny!!!!! In the morning I will start my legal battle with James at Race Related.

He said he would give me a warranty, He said it would be done in 5 weeks with him breaking it in, He listed the parts I would be getting. Well non of those statements are true. At week 9 I was fed up with his excuses so I went to FL on a surprise trip. At that point he had told me he was breaking in the engine when a tranny seal went and that was the reason for the latest delay. Well when I got to his shop my truck did not even have an engine in it. Even more so THE ENGINE WAS NOT EVEN BUILT! he gave me this line of crap saying his life was like the movie "LIAR LIAR". That he just could not meet the time schedules that he tells people. But if he did not lie to them they would leave. Well I stuck with him and now I have really been taken. I don't have a purge, JDM mid pipes, flip chip, and so on... But what I do have is a truck that drinks oil, and a guy who told me he would warranty the truck for a year(he told me this when we made the deal), and now he will not return a phone call or an E-mail.

So in short go to a reputable business guys! Oh my truck has alot of power no doubt, but I know the other guys can do the same for you!!!!! Some one put me out of my misery! I'm flat broke and my truck drinks oil as bad as it drinks gas if not worse! There is alot more to this story but I think this is enough to get my message across.

P.S. Please feel free to post this EVERYWHERE"

Originally posted on the NLOC http://www.nloc.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&postid=492367#post492367

I think you are missing some of the story you ****ing idiot,you are bashing someones name based on one parties side,you were not there,you did not witness any of this and you are simply talking out your ass.I am documenting each and every thread you or anyone else posts in regards to this truck and there WILL be consequences to go along witht it.You should think just for a second before you walk out on to a plank you piece of shit.

Overkill1000

Established Member
To all of you other respectable L and HD owners I have had personal experience with Race Related and have nothing but good things to say in regards to them.They have built approximately twelve 2nd gen 5.4's for a variety of people in the past few years and stand behind their work 100%.To name a few very satisfied customers with their built motors.Ron Lutwiller 622RWHP Rob Melde 575 RWHP Ron Jagisch 618 RWHP Jimmy Oneal 600 RWHP James HD 835 RWHP Jim Roberts 650 RWHP
Dwayne Gutridge 500 RWHP Aaron Mason going out tomorrow Dave Laxton started up today Derek Williams being built as we speak Ben Rosset 600 RWHP and still counting without a single failure.The facts are this Woody stiffed James for the remainder of the bill after James delivered the truck because the build was late.6 days over due because of a broken valve spring.James changed every spring and every valve guide seal in the motor and drove 1000 miles round trip only to be shorted on the bill.Even after the shitty treatment on Woody and Michelle's part James has made arrangements w/ Dave Laxton at Dynamic Auto works to R&R if necesary and replace any parts at no charge to Woody.Case closed www.racerelated.com builds a bang up motor for an unbeatable price and just for the record they still to the best of my knowledge have built the most powerful 5.4L in the land.

BlownSVT00

Established Member
Let me get this right.............I am a "peice of shit".......... Hmmmmm. That is an interesting analogy......considering the circumstances. It is very interesting that you say 6 days late, when in fact it was several weeks late. Also, as stated in Woody's post, he actually got in his truck and drove 500+ miles to Clearwater on the basis that his truck was actually almost done, but was being repaired from a busted trans. pump seal. Only to find his truck (the one that James had stated, lied and said actually already had approximately 200 miles on, sitting there not only without an engine INSTALLED but not even assembled. The parts were in boxes. When BUSTED about as hard as possible his reply was that he lied all the time so as to not lose customers' business. Fine business practice.

Also, the reason Woody did not pay him the remaining $500 on a $12,000+ tab is because he (James) said that if he didn't deliver it by Sunday (THE WEEK PRIOR) that he wouldn't charge him the remaining money. His deal not mine.

Point is, live up to your WORD. Be an HONEST business man and you don't have to worry about people bashing you or your business practices.

I guess the reason that YOU have good luck with James is maybe because you live right there in FLA. Shoot, you probably are one of his buddies. It's nice when you can monitor your trucks progress without having to actually load up and drive 1,000 miles in one day, only to find that you have been LIED to repeatedly.

Anyway, for what it's worth, read others responses on NLOC, NHTOC and see that Woody isn't the only one. Later, Jimmy

Overkill1000

Established Member
Let me get this right.............I am a "peice of shit".......... Hmmmmm. That is an interesting analogy......considering the circumstances. It is very interesting that you say 6 days late, when in fact it was several weeks late. Also, as stated in Woody's post, he actually got in his truck and drove 500+ miles to Clearwater on the basis that his truck was actually almost done, but was being repaired from a busted trans. pump seal. Only to find his truck (the one that James had stated, lied and said actually already had approximately 200 miles on, sitting there not only without an engine INSTALLED but not even assembled. The parts were in boxes. When BUSTED about as hard as possible his reply was that he lied all the time so as to not lose customers' business. Fine business practice.

Also, the reason Woody did not pay him the remaining $500 on a $12,000+ tab is because he (James) said that if he didn't deliver it by Sunday (THE WEEK PRIOR) that he wouldn't charge him the remaining money. His deal not mine.

Point is, live up to your WORD. Be an HONEST business man and you don't have to worry about people bashing you or your business practices.

I guess the reason that YOU have good luck with James is maybe because you live right there in FLA. Shoot, you probably are one of his buddies. It's nice when you can monitor your trucks progress without having to actually load up and drive 1,000 miles in one day, only to find that you have been LIED to repeatedly.

Anyway, for what it's worth, read others responses on NLOC, NHTOC and see that Woody isn't the only one. Later, Jimmy

Sooner than later,you are still going off of what Woody and Michelle say,and before you trash someones name you should consider that they pay their bills with the business you are wrongfully downing,they buy school clothes and electricity and mortgage and every other thing that goes along with it.Stop for a second dumbass and think how many times you have heard of 03 Cobra motors breaking,is it because ford doesn't know what they are doing or that they are ripping people off.NO it is error,we don't even know if there is truly anything wrong with the motor,we know it is consuming one quart per 300 miles,is it possibly due to the leaking rear main,or a bad pcv,or the lack of an oil seperator.The ****ing truck made 600 RWHP,do you think it has bad rings and still has the capability of making that 600.I think not.Moral of the story Jack Ass is before you knoe the factsn shut your ****ing mouth!

BlownSVT00

Established Member
LOL, so the fact that someone spends roughly 1/3 of the average national annual salary on a "built engine" drinks oil and was lied to repeatedly doesn't give them the right to express regret with their purchase. I have read the emails sent back and forth from James and Woody so (technically) I am not just going off of what Woody and Michelle say. I appreciate all the kind words directed toward me though..........it just feeds my ego. But, I like threats..........so do my lawyers tough guy, so just keep going. I am just passing on the facts as I know them.

Overkill1000

Established Member
LOL, so the fact that someone spends roughly 1/3 of the average national annual salary on a "built engine" drinks oil and was lied to repeatedly doesn't give them the right to express regret with their purchase. I have read the emails sent back and forth from James and Woody so (technically) I am not just going off of what Woody and Michelle say. I appreciate all the kind words directed toward me though..........it just feeds my ego. But, I like threats..........so do my lawyers tough guy, so just keep going. I am just passing on the facts as I know them.

Don't worry I will need their names eventually Partner,don't say it if you don't mean it

BlownSVT00

Established Member
Like I said in my PM.........really what gives with the threats man? Did I harm YOU? Did I bash YOUR name? I don't recall bashing anyone, just recounting the facts as I know them. I helped someone out, they got done wrong and now I post something that THEY wrote and the threats come flying toward me........help me out here bud.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
Overkill, you need to cool it. Blown has every right to express his experiances with RR on this board. Let's face it, RR messed up by lying to the customer. That's a big business no no. If that's true, they diserve(sp) what ever happens to them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread