KR, Super Snake or Cobra Jet???

barstoolman

Established Member
So, let's suppose you were deciding between the KR, the Super Snake or the new, soon to be released, Cobra Jet II and let's also suppose they could each be had for the same price..............which would it be???? Love the look of the KR but I think I'd have to go with the Super Snake. It'll be interesting to see what you guys think

Last edited:

Jroc

Established Member
Do you have any links to this new Cobra Jet Mustang you are referring to?

davidhuff

Established Member
Made for NHRA stock eliminator class,400hp,50 units will be made at a cost of $69,900.00 and you can go to google and there is lots of information on the cobra jet.

69b302

Established Member
I would go with the KR. Both cars are targeted at trying to be rare and collectible, and the numbers are supposed to be very limited. The KR is at least born "rare" were the SS is just another aftermarket modification put on a GT500.

barstoolman

Established Member
I would go with the KR. Both cars are targeted at trying to be rare and collectible, and the numbers are supposed to be very limited. The KR is at least born "rare" were the SS is just another aftermarket modification put on a GT500.

In reality, the KR is just an aftermarket modifcation put on a Gt 500 as well. True, it comes with a Ford sticker but Shelby did all the mods just as if you took it to their Vegas shop.

dgussin1

If I offend you, IDGAF
Established Member
Stock GT500 with full griggs suspension, twin screw, 15" brake kit, 19" wheels, interior upgrades

40k + 15K + 6K + 3K + 4K + 2K = 80K FTMFW

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
In reality, the KR is just an aftermarket modifcation put on a Gt 500 as well. True, it comes with a Ford sticker but Shelby did all the mods just as if you took it to their Vegas shop.

I know^^^, that is one of the main reasons why the SS production has been slow, the KR's are also rolling through the SAI Mod Shop at this time. Many uninformed people do not realize that the Shelby Mod Shop does the final modifications before the KR is shipped to the Ford dealership. :read:

These are pictures outside of the SAI Mod Shop. The cars with no license plates, stripes or rear spoilers.....KR's waiting for their turn in the Shelby shop. I also have pictures inside of SAI with SS's and KR's together.

LasVegasJuly2008004.gif

LasVegasJuly2008005.gif

Inside the SAI Mod Shop............ What are KR's doing there???? I thought they were/are completely Ford assy. line cars!?!?!? and that made them sooooo much more valuable for this reason. Hummmm, they are "also" Shelby's modified at Shelby...............amazing!!

VagasTripWithBen043.jpg

VagasTripWithBen030.jpg

Now the question is................Is the KR "less" valuable/desirable since Shelby has had their hands on it, at their Las Vegas Mod Shop?

Who is most authorized, or more desired to work on or modify "any" Shelby (if it is done by a modification outlet) besides the people/person who's name is actually on the car itself, "Shelby"? no matter who built it, it is still a Shelby GT500 and without Carroll Shelby, there would be no Shelby's. I would think that this fact alone would place a "Shelby modified" Shelby above ALL other modification outlets, before, or after title.

R

Last edited:

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
I see a lot of nice Shelby's also.

One thing that is shown in a side-by-side comparasion in the picture below is one white SS owner had chosen to have the upper side scoop option, the other was chosen to have the 1/4 window block-off plate option. That is one of the things that have to be decided when you turn in your SS order form.

VagasTripWithBen030.jpg

R

WP64

I Couldn't Care Less...
Established Member
Stock GT500 with full griggs suspension, twin screw, 15" brake kit, 19" wheels, interior upgrades

40k + 15K + 6K + 3K + 4K + 2K = 80K FTMFW

Yep, that's what I've done, less the big and heavy 15" brakes and I switched from 19" to 18" wheels, less weight and more tire choices.

Your $15K for the "full griggs suspension" is a bit optimistic and doesn't include the labor to install it. Maybe a less than "full Griggs suspension" is what you priced out :lol1:

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
Yep, that's what I've done, less the big and heavy 15" brakes and I switched from 19" to 18" wheels, less weight and more tire choices.

Your $15K for the "full griggs suspension" is a bit optimistic and doesn't include the labor to install it. Maybe a less than "full Griggs suspension" is what you priced out :lol1:

according to their website its 10.5k or 13.4 for the full kit(including front cradle and sla front). now you dont get the extras like the wheels and brakes, etc for that price. and it does not include tax. but at 1600 in labor should purchase around 30 hrs! how long to install?

http://www.griggsracing.com/index.p..._4329&osCsid=2cc9068ddda1cb1c785bbd4ad8377e2a

edit: forgot to answer the question...

future price - kr!
outright performance - build your own( i would do griggs, tvs + cooling, baer, plus lightweight wheels)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread