Koshermobile shall return soon

KosherCobra

Established Member
I know there has been alot of smack being layed down on my car. Granted I was on the boards very often. I wasn't on the boards to brag. Other Cobra owners have alot faster cars. I just wanted to give everybody another alternative power adder thats out there. I allowed my car to be used for the R&D of the Whipple. The Whipple was not actually mine. It was mine if I wanted it but I elected to Tim to sell it to MJ. My car will be out of commission for al lintesive purposes until I can get it setup for the next phase. The power of the car destroyed my clutch and I want to make the drivetrain safer:

So far here is what parts are in and what I'm waiting for:

McLeod balanced pressure plate and clutch (IN)
McLeod clutch quadrent and cable (IN)
Kooks Longtube headers (IN)
JDN H-Pipe and Cats (IN)
Steeda Driveshaft safety loops (IN)
26 spline input shaft (On schedule to be installed by April 8th)
Apten cooling mod (Back orderd from Apten till April 5th)
Grade 8 locking header bolts (Ordered)
O2 Extenders (ordered)
Stage 1 or 2 Crower Cams & springs (Stiil deciding on which)
Billet oil gear drive (Still deciding)
Aeromitive 155 focus pumps (Still deciding on which)
Fuel rails for 03 Cobra to fil under Whipple (Searching for)
Fabricating of return type fuel system

My car hopefully will be complete just when REM gets the first run of Whipples, I'm gunning for a polished version. Dave from Xtreme will set me up with a return fuel system. I think this is a key when running very high numbers. You can only flow so much fuel in a 5/16 line. I plan on having a 3/8 or 7/16 main line to a y-block and using the stock line as a return. Rails are an issue at this time since the plenum of Whipple is very close to the stock rails. I'd rather not "adapt" the whipple to make it fit over the rails.

In the meantime MJ is the one to get all the info on. He's got the LT on the car and the bulletproof drive train. I'm going to cam my car since I drive it only once a week

Last edited:

jeffsvt

Established Member
Good to hear your car will be up and running soon ! Sounds like you got a great plan for the car good luck !

LTHL PSI

All bow to Sid
Quick q's..

Why a catted H and not O/R?
Shouldnt you port the heads while you are at it?
Also why not upgrade the Pistons to be safe?

Everything else seems on target.

Griffin

Established Member
Neal,

Do you know when REM is getting in the first batch of Whipples? I can't wait any longer and look forward to putting buslengths on Derek and Dave all night long.....

KosherCobra

Established Member
Originally posted by LTHL PSI
Quick q's..

Why a catted H and not O/R?
Shouldnt you port the heads while you are at it?
Also why not upgrade the Pistons to be safe?

Everything else seems on target.

Catted H, since I don't want a problem with the cops (My luck)
Porting heads....... :)
Pistons........ Diamonds aren't just a girls best friend :rollseyes

Blades

Established Member
Originally posted by Griffin
Neal,

Do you know when REM is getting in the first batch of Whipples? I can't wait any longer and look forward to putting buslengths on Derek and Dave all night long.....

:lol: I can just picture Dave getting your old blower and n2o.... and passing you. :D That would be some shit.

Griffin

Established Member
And I'm keeping the old blower and N20 will still be hooked up on the car;-)

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I can't wait to see the final results, Kosher. That's going to be one sweet beast once you get the bugs worked out. The end result will be worth the wait and the present hassles. Plus you're charting out the waters for those in the future who will be installing the Whipple SC. :)

KosherCobra

Established Member
The fuel system is the one item that is driving me nuts.

I can install the Focus pumps and run the FMU with 55# injectors and thats supposed to work.

I can run the focus pumps and have 60 # injectors

Or be safe and run a full return style system $$$$$$$$$$
(Rails, y-block, new gas tank.......etc.......)

JDM ran a car with just Focus pumps & 60 # injectors on a KB car that kicked out 700 + HP

The one thing that is key, on the dyno for a short 8 second blast (60-130) the fuels system may hold, but for everyday holding WOT for a extended period of time it may not handle it. So a full meal deal system may have to be installed givin the fact that Longtubes, cams and heads just make more HP and that equals more fuel. The 5/16 lines can only push so much. I'll cross that bridge next week!!!

Blades

Established Member
Originally posted by Griffin
Kinda like how he leaves you now?

Ooooh that hit the heart griffin. I guess I'm part of the club huh? Did I tell you I dyno'd down here? 462RWHP, 493RWTQ.. Air fuel was 11:1 throughout the chart. I think I am going to try the JLT TAI & 9 inch cone and see if it leans it out a lil.

Griffin

Established Member
Im comin for ya...

Better come big, because what you know of my car will be non existant in about two weeks time.

Hope you have deep wallets, as I just took out 30k......

Users who are viewing this thread