Kosher Cobra update

KosherCobra

Established Member
The motor was ready to go in the other day, but the LT & motor won't go from the top. So the K-member is out and another hitch just popped up. The Mcleod clutch I have, the fingers are .400 to far out and I have no play on the throwout bearing. So no big deal, I was without my Cobra for 2 months and other few days won't kill me. Here's an album of the car so far.

http://www.f150online.com/galleries/albumview.cfm?num=4442

Last edited:

LTHL PSI

All bow to Sid
Kosher what did you end up going for as far as engine specs, who rebuilt your motor and did head work?

KosherCobra

Established Member
Originally posted by LTHL PSI
Kosher what did you end up going for as far as engine specs, who rebuilt your motor and did head work?

.030 Diamond pistons, ARP 2000 Rod bolts, ARP Main & Heads studs, Blueprinted shortblock from Blue Thunder Engine. I went with the Stage 1 Crower cams as well and did the cooling mod

RedSquad7

E.D.209
Established Member
Allright kosher....I havent been here long enough to know what happened to your motor. Would you mind bringing the JEEP up to speed?
(Just Enough Experince to Participate)

Chonger

The Korean Connection
Established Member
Yeah,

Exactly what did happen to it? I plan on using your experience as a learning tool. Was the tune bad? Did you run out of fuel and lean out? Or was there just too much blower for the motor to handle?

Swervedriver

Established Member
Originally posted by Chonger
Yeah,

Exactly what did happen to it? I plan on using your experience as a learning tool. Was the tune bad? Did you run out of fuel and lean out? Or was there just too much blower for the motor to handle?

And why aren't you going to use the Whipple on the new engine?

KosherCobra

Established Member
Here's the story:

As you all know I volunteered my car as the test bed for the whipple. The car ran fantastic, the tune was fine. The jury is still out on what exactly happened. All I know # 7 took a sh!t, and the rest where on the way. It seems to me that on the high RPM the fuel was not getting there or the pistons just couldn't take it. MJ who has the same S/C has a lovely piston as well and he had all the monitering and everything upgraded as well.

I plan on putting the whipple on, only after I install a overkill fuel system that needs to be designed. I forked out a bunch of cash with super killer parts to make this baby run like a champ again.

So as for now, I'll push the car with the Eaton as far as it can go with injectors, rails & pumps. When the Whipple goes on, it will have a return style fuel system and 60 # injectors.

KosherCobra

Established Member
Here's the story:

As you all know I let my car as the test bed for the Whipple. The car ran fantastic, the tune was fine. The jury is still out on what exactly happened. All I know # 7 took a sh!t, and the rest where on the way. It seems to me that on the high RPM the fuel was not getting there or the pistons just couldn't take it. MJ who has the same S/C has a lovely piston as well and he had all the monitering and everything upgraded as well.

I plan on putting the Whipple on, only after I install a overkill fuel system that needs to be designed. I forked out a bunch of cash with super killer parts to make this baby run like a champ again.

So as for now, I'll push the car with the Eaton as far as it can go with injectors, rails & pumps. When the Whipple goes on, it will have a return style fuel system and 60 # injectors.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Keep us posted. Great news that you're back in the hunt again! Sounds like you're putting together a killer motor. :)

Users who are viewing this thread