Choose your favorite setup

• I like the Kooks

Votes: 14 31.1%
  • I like the Corsa

Votes: 31 68.9%

• Total voters

kcsburk

Established Member
I swapped the Corsa's for a Kooks setup. How do you like the Kooks setup compared to the Corsa's? The Corsa setup is much louder but gets a bit raspy in the upper rpms. The Kooks setup has a much cleaner sound but has a slight drone and a deep base sound at low rpms.

I am adding long tubes and an o/r xpipe next weekend. I will add to this thread after I have the videos put together.

Kooks Setup
[youtube_browser]uDqMoJF0Zoc[/youtube_browser]

Corsa Setup
[youtube_browser]UIazoCOwWRQ[/youtube_browser]

DVJ38

One mod at a time
Established Member
Both sound really really good, but I have a feeling that once you go to longtubes and o/r x the Kooks may have better sound quality. Post up the vids after you change out the headers and midpipe.

T.Man

Established Member
Kooks.

I would suggest keeping the cats with the addition of LTs if you're looking for a clean sound.

Either way, sweet ride :beer:

Svt4ever22

Established Member
Have you thought about trying glass packs? My friend k-tron ran some glass packs about 2ft past the bumpers and put 90's on each side so the exhaust would collide and make a boom sound. It was crazy, bro.

kcsburk

Established Member
My thoughts exactly. The mufflers on the Kooks setup are twice the size of the Corsa's. I am hoping the Kooks setup will sound good with the O/R Xpipe.

Videos should be ready to go late next weekend.

Both sound really really good, but I have a feeling that once you go to longtubes and o/r x the Kooks may have better sound quality. Post up the vids after you change out the headers and midpipe.

kcsburk

Established Member
Installing the long tubes this weekend. I will end up selling one of the axlebacks. Will pm you if its the kooks.

DSGCOBRA24

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
They both sounds good, but I like the kooks more. Kooks sound cleaner

Users who are viewing this thread