Kooks LT Install

archerychamp3d

Established Member
I just ordered some kooks axle backs from beefcake. The headers/off road x/ stock ota pipes/ muffler deletes pipes got too loud so i put my oem mufflers back on. It was nice to be able to talk on my phone in the car lol.

nyuk98GT

Established Member
archerychamp3d:

The torque and HP gains are very impressive at 3k (and all the way up to 6800 RPM). Thanks for posting the dyno runs. Just when I think I've ruled out a mod, I see a post like yours and I start planning how I'm going to convince my wife that the next mod is 'necessary'.

Enjoy the new exhaust system!

Chris

oldbones

The blue bowtie
Established Member
Did you have a catless x pipe before the headers or was it factory? And is your current xpipe catless? Sorry if I missed it in the above comments.

archerychamp3d

Established Member
Did you have a catless x pipe before the headers or was it factory? And is your current xpipe catless? Sorry if I missed it in the above comments

It was factory h pipe with factory cats before the headers. Current xpipe is catless xpipe.

Last edited:

bunits19714

Established Member
I just ordered some kooks axle backs from beefcake. The headers/off road x/ stock ota pipes/ muffler deletes pipes got too loud so i put my oem mufflers back on. It was nice to be able to talk on my phone in the car lol.
told you so- lol- I have the kooks 1 7/8 header w/ orh and the 3" mbrp over the axle pipes with the 5" street mufflers and mine is obnixous loud from 2700-3700 just city driving- the eway is no problem- I am still trying to figure out which resonator/ bullet style muffler I am going to install as reso's to knock down the city acceleration drone/rasp.

SCalla1384

Established Member
I had Kooks 1-3/4 long tubes, off road x, stock over axle pipes but with the resonators deleted and Kooks mufflers it wasn't that loud. WOT it was loud, but normal driving was very tolerable.

archerychamp3d

Established Member
The kooks axle back came today about dark time...I had my car on ramps with the oem mufflers off and got the kooks right on. So far it sounds real nice. Just what I was hoping for. They have already become a little deeper at idle.
early today i stopped at the mustang shop for a dyno pull just to see the difference with stock oem mufflers vs muffler deletes on my car. I lost 9hp.. with the oem mufflers. Just some grins and giggles data.

My current set up is Kooks 1 3/4 long tubes, off road x, stock over axle pipes with stock resonators, kooks axle backs. Custom dyno tune scheduled for this Thursday by Bob Kurgan.

Mark Aubele

Established Member
The kooks axle back came today about dark time...I had my car on ramps with the oem mufflers off and got the kooks right on. So far it sounds real nice. Just what I was hoping for. They have already become a little deeper at idle.
early today i stopped at the mustang shop for a dyno pull just to see the difference with stock oem mufflers vs muffler deletes on my car. I lost 9hp.. with the oem mufflers. Just some grins and giggles data.

My current set up is Kooks 1 3/4 long tubes, off road x, stock over axle pipes with stock resonators, kooks axle backs. Custom dyno tune scheduled for this Thursday by Bob Kurgan.

Did the deletes pick up power or lose power? Can't understand which from your post.

archerychamp3d

Established Member
Kurgan tuned it earlier today. Car made 375 tq and 380 hp after his tune. Will post dyno graph later. Very happy with the mustang shop and kurgan tune.

Last edited:

archerychamp3d

Established Member
IMG_0430.JPG

kona 199

reese 1
Established Member
375-385 seems to be the norm these days.a year ago everybody with longtubes,ORX,and CAI were showing 403 -415. what changed?

clc44

Established Member
Still pretty good games overall. Looks like you gained over 30 hp and torque. I can't wait to see the difference for my car once I add headers and off road mid pipe. My comparison will be over tune and cold air intake automatic then I will add off road mid pipe and long tune. So tune will just be revised

clc44

Established Member
I made 381/377 with just cai and Mike rousch tune but on a dyno jet. I installed everything. I'm looking to install resonators to reduce the raspy obnoxious cold starts and take offs. Hoping for 400-410rwhp. I'm going to datalog soon to confirm the tune is perfect.

Users who are viewing this thread