Kooks LT Install

archerychamp3d

Established Member
I ordered kooks LT 1 3/4 headers and x pipe from Beefcake the morning of dec. 16 and got them the morning of the 17th. Very impressed with the service from Beefcake. He also gave me a nice discount.
I am set up with a local shop for install on dec 29th. They quoted me $300 for the job. I am happy with that. They have an in house dyno and I will be getting pre and post dyno numbers. Exciting stuff.

Right now I am running muffler deletes so I foresee a catback system in my near future. Either lethal over axle pipes with corsa cans or the KOOKS axle back. Most likely kooks.

Car is a 2012 GT auto. stock intake. any guesses on hp/torque gains?

scott_0

Established Member
wow $300 is cheap, as long as they can be trusted, Id be happy

archerychamp3d

Established Member
Yea. They are a fairly new shop, been there only about 6 mo but I have been following them on facebook a while and have stopped in a few times everything is checking out so far. I tried to talk them into dropping the K member for the install since they have alignment equipment but so far he wants to install by jacking the motor. We will see. I'll try to keep everything up to date as a good source of info for others.
They also offer remote dyno tuning by Bob Kurgan. I got a tuner from them a few days ago and he took the time to flash the car for and show me a few things about it. I'm liking everything so far.
And they are only 10 min from my house so I can keep check.

archerychamp3d

Established Member
car made 344.95 hp at 6527 rpm and 328 tq at 5250 rpm stock getting headers on for redyno today or tomorrow. i will post a pic of the dyno graph when i figure out how. lol

archerychamp3d

Established Member
Photo on 12-29-15 at 9.44 AM.jpg

bunits19714

Established Member
They will do YOUR set for $ 300- the next guy will be closer to 500 or more after they curse & mf during the install- lol- but at least they are installing a quality header and not a shit set that makes the install even worse. 344 hp are you already tuned?(seems low) and are you doing a off road x or are you going to be catted? if your off road you will be moderately loud with the muffler deletes - add a good muffler for sound preference - LEAVE THE STOCK RESO"S in place or you will be god awful loud and obnoxious. looking forward to the after dyno.

SCalla1384

Established Member
The install wasn't bad in my opinion. I did it on jack stands, dropped the k member. I think the worst part was getting the car up on jack stands and the damn ground strap on the passenger side motor mount.

I had full Kooks exhaust, headers x pipe and mufflers and sounded great. I'd recommend the kooks mufflers for sure.

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
car made 344.95 hp at 6527 rpm and 328 tq at 5250 rpm stock getting headers on for redyno today or tomorrow. i will post a pic of the dyno graph when i figure out how. lol
So AUTO is about 20hp down, but the faster consistent shifting more than makes up for the lower numbers.

Have any dyno results with everything installed? What tune are you using, Lund or AED?

clc44

Established Member
In for results. I have an auto. I'm going the cheap route on headers. Have a buddy installing for the same price, he's done a ton of headers on the coyote. I'm getting before and after. My before will be tuned with cai, after will be long tubes and off road X pipe. Awesome when people take the time to get the gains on paper via dyno or track.

archerychamp3d

Established Member
car made 365.84 hp with headers and canned sct tune. no mufflers only resonators. same axle back and ota pipes as before.

Have any dyno results with everything installed? What tune are you using, Lund or AED?
-i have been running the canned sct tune for about two weeks. Now am using the canned sct tune for kooks. Bob Kurgan was supposed to tune it today on the dyno but he went on vacation.
Kurgan in supposed to come up and tune on the 7th now.

Scalla did you use the kooks over axle pipes and mufflers or keep the stock ota pipes and use the kooks axle back?

Extra info- another guy at the shop liked my muffler delete setup so he went down the road and had his mufflers deleted. and then dyno'd his car. He made 365. he was making 399 consistanly
before the muffler delete.

wile e coyote

Established Member
$300 sounds about right. Any shop should be able to put the car on the lift, swing the K-member down and swap headers in 2.5-3 hours pretty easy (figuring shop rate of $100 hr). I watched as my BBK longtubes were installed and that's about all it took.

Users who are viewing this thread