kooks headers....junk

Black96SVT

Dont Give Up
Established Member
i had a little bit of a fitment issue with the starter as well, but after loosening the headers and tweaking the pipes that problem was fixed
i dropped the k to do the install and ended up putting in a tubular k along with it, didnt have problems with it hitting the K, but until it was adjusted they did rub the frame (i was uber pissed)

I have not connected the steering shaft yet; now I am a little afraid to do so. Hopefully it will go well, if not i swear i will blow my car up

rich5150

Network Guy
Established Member
I've got Kooks 1-7/8" headers on my 03 and the 1-3/4" on my Shelby and both sets fit perfect.

Jared

X2..

:poke: well 1 7/8" primaries on my GT500, just a bit bigger than Jared's. :p

I've never had a problem with Kooks, I've put them on 2 other stangs, other than my own, always been 100% spot on. Give Kooks a call and email them some pictures before you go flaming someone or their product. :fm:

scotmach

Established Member
Give Kooks a call and email them some pictures before you go flaming someone or their product. :fm:

Are your talking to me? My Kooks fit fine with my PSR k-member but they do leak. So do the ones on two of my friends cars. Guess what? I never had a problem with my $500.00 BBK longtubes. Bottom line is for the big chunk of change you lay out for Kooks they shouldn't leak.

Last edited:

TRBO VNM

I removed a set from a Mach 1 because of the constant leaking. another shop installed them and tried fixing the leak once and it just came back. you should have seen all the RTV I had to clean off before putting the stock manifolds back on.

the only headers I like installing on the cobra's are the MAC. priced right, look good, install great and perform. haven't had one problem yet with all the sets I have put on.

on the vette's, I have installed the corsa, ARH and kooks and they all installed fine and no leaking. But the ARH on the vette's suck because the ball joints don't line up from the midpipe to the headers. you have to keep the headers loose then bolt the midpipe up and then go back and tighten the header bolts. this is because of the heating/cooling of the metal. slip fit is the way to go on the vettes.

04torchred

Established Member
I removed a set from a Mach 1 because of the constant leaking. another shop installed them and tried fixing the leak once and it just came back. you should have seen all the RTV I had to clean off before putting the stock manifolds back on.

the only headers I like installing on the cobra's are the MAC. priced right, look good, install great and perform. haven't had one problem yet with all the sets I have put on.

on the vette's, I have installed the corsa, ARH and kooks and they all installed fine and no leaking. But the ARH on the vette's suck because the ball joints don't line up from the midpipe to the headers. you have to keep the headers loose then bolt the midpipe up and then go back and tighten the header bolts. this is because of the heating/cooling of the metal. slip fit is the way to go on the vettes.

What model vette? The C6 I did everything fit pretty well, the rear portion of the x-pipe could have been bend inwards a bit more, but other then that it was okay.

I do like slip fit, but it can be a bitch also if one of the pipes is slightly off round. Make sure to never seize the connections for future removal or get ready to beat them apart.

kyStang1889

Ford Tech
Established Member
Doesn't surprise me. LT's are a royal PITA with a stock k-member! I dropped my k-member to install mine and they were extremely close to the starter...
i know lt are normally a pain i have done several sets these where not only a pain they just didn't fit
[I've never had a problem with Kooks, I've put them on 2 other stangs, other than my own, always been 100% spot on. Give Kooks a call and email them some pictures before you go flaming someone or their product.
/QUOTE]

i'm not flaming kook, just the headers we got they don't fit what kook does or doesn't do after we talk to them has nothing to do with that fact they still do not fit.

this thread was not an attempt to flame kooks just seeing if anyone else has this prob.

Users who are viewing this thread