Kona Blue + CQuartz

T's03GT

#Team5bro
Established Member
Finally got back into the detailing game after a little hiatus over the winter and being busy with my new job. I decided I needed to give my car a good cleaning again since it had been a while since I compounded the car. I ended up just making one pass over the entire car as it got rid of most of the swirls, besides the ones on the rear bumper which wasn't going to happen anyways. I need a harder cut pad and compound to remove those, but I'm happy with how the rest turned out.

Items used:
-Porter Cable
-6" Lake Country CCS Orange Cutting Pad
-HD Adapt
-CarPro Eraser
-CQuartz UK Edition
-CarPro Reload

The car looks absolutely nuts in person; the pictures do it no justice for just how crisp and clear the paint looks now. I did the back bumper in two sections essentially, and the CQuartz finish looked much better than the side with nothing. The finish was darker, more pure and more depth than it's ever had. I've used various things on here like Sonax PNS, Dodo Juice Blue Velvet, Collinite 845, etc... and nothing has looked near as good as this. Plus for how long this shit lasts, I'm ecstatic. The Reload definitely made it look that much better as well; and the finish is smooth for a coating.

Here are some pics and a walk around video of it before I put the reload spray on; I backed it out of the barn to look for hotspots and streaks. There are still streaks I didn't get before I took the pics, so you don't have to point them out to me. They're all gone now and hopefully we get a nice sunny day out this week where I can really show off how good Kona looks! :beer:

Onto the pics:

CQuartz Detail by Treyson M, on Flickr

[youtube_browser]7iWH769X674[/youtube_browser]

Let me know what you all think!

T's03GT

#Team5bro
Established Member
Sorry man, car looks the same. :lol:

Should have gotten DIB.

hahaha YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

You two go sit down in the corner and just think about what you said.

I love cquartz. I have it on my 85 and it makes washing so easy.

I am a big fan of it already. First car I have done with it, I am going to be excited to see how easy it makes everything else.

Big Cquartz fan here as well. Car looks great!

Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread