Kodi.tv (openELECT etc) - add-ons for sports

jrandy

Established Member
I'm getting my Kodi device back up and running to use on my outdoor TV, but want to know what add-ons you all are using for streaming sports.

In the past, I used Sportsdevil, but have read nothing but negative reviews about how the streams often don't work.

What are you all using for sports?

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
Speaking of Kodi, how are people getting free, still-in-theaters movies with it?? I installed it on the Firestick, and the only movies I could find were old garbage that I could find just about anywhere. I bought the stick specifically to be able to see brand new movies before they hit the rental market.

Blown 89

Established Member
Nobody in their right mind uses Kodi anymore

Get Terrarium
We've been over this before, there's nothing wrong with Kodi. Just don't install unknown plugins.

OP, head over to www.reddit.com/r/kodi/ and ask there so you don't get more stupid comments. Or hit up one of their subreddits that deals with sports, chord cutting, piracy, etc.

jrandy

Established Member
Well, looks like I'll do some digging into Terrarium. Any cliff notes on the advantages of jumping over to Terrarium?

CompOrange04GT

Anyone have a strap on my girl can use on me?
Established Member
Well, looks like I'll do some digging into Terrarium. Any cliff notes on the advantages of jumping over to Terrarium?

1. Because it's not Kodi. Lol

Honestly, Kodi... is well.. Kodi.. It's an Open Source program, that you can go through add-ons with.

Terrarium is just an add-on to a firestick ( any device) just to watch shows/movies/etc. Going through Terrarium by itself is basically essentially one less step.. instead of going into Kodi to open a different add-on. You just go to Terrarium.

Kodi/XBMC is basically just a way to have your add-ons in one place. I love Kodi don't get me wrong, but when you can just go one less step. It's easier

Stanger00

Established Member
YouTube terrarium

Stupid easy to do this stuff now. Reddit has great support for streaming sports also. If using Amazon fire tv or fire stick use amazons silk browser to stream live sports streams from reddit.

The issue with Kodi is you had to change plugins nearly weekly to have decent streaming quality.

If using terrarium and Comcast install IPvanish and use a VPN service.

This solved 100% of buffering and ad problems I had with terrarium.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Blown 89

Established Member
Speaking of Kodi, how are people getting free, still-in-theaters movies with it?? I installed it on the Firestick, and the only movies I could find were old garbage that I could find just about anywhere. I bought the stick specifically to be able to see brand new movies before they hit the rental market.
Radarr. I run that as a docker in an Unraid server. Kodi simply acts as the interface for the collection. Emby syncs the library across devices and shoes for streaming and transcoding. Terrarium is amateur hour IMO.

Coiled03

Established Member
Radarr. I run that as a docker in an Unraid server. Kodi simply acts as the interface for the collection. Emby syncs the library across devices and shoes for streaming and transcoding. Terrarium is amateur hour IMO.

All I know is I can't get Terrarium to work. Put it on my phone last night. Went to cast a movie, and all it did is spin, and spin, and spin, and......

If I have to do anything more than select what I want to watch, and hit the cast button, it's pointless. I'll just grab the torrent and be done with it.

Stanger00

Established Member

Terrarium is simple.

More simple than downloading a torrent from yify.

Kodi requires too much upkeep IMO.

Blown 89

Established Member
Terrarium is simple.

More simple than downloading a torrent from yify.

Kodi requires too much upkeep IMO.

How is Kodi upkeep? It's a front end you literally don't have to ever maintain. All it's there for is to aggregate your existing media.

People still torrent?

Stanger00

Established Member
My experience with Kodi is add-on repositories not working. When exodus was no longer reliable I started using terrarium and never looked back. One app and tv shows and movies are separated. Most popular sort fits our needs and for movies we stick with DVD release filter because the content is higher quality over movies still in theaters.

I'm sure there are working add-ons like exodus with Kodi but probably won't look into it.

Edit: did some lite reading of what you did and my question is how much content do you have and share or do you log into someone you know server?

Last edited:

Blown 89

Established Member
I have a 20 GB Unraid server. I'm not sure how much content is in there at the moment as it's not currently powered on but I'd guess there's 4 or 5 GB worth of entertainment on there.

I have access to someone else's Plex server but don't ever use it as mine has everything I need. It's a low powered system that allows a few remote transcodes at a time which is more than I need. The house is hardwired with Cat6a so the network can stream multiple devices locally without breaking a sweat.

I don't use any Kodi plugins as I've found them unnecessary. The only plugin i use is Emby as a media management backend. It replaces Kodi's media management with Embu which allows all of my devices to sync. Kodi is basivally jjst there as a pretty interface on the tv.

It basically does everything for me. All i do is turn on the tv and every new movie, tv show, music album, etc is automatically added in full HD. For example, i watch Yellowstone and it airs on Wednesday nights. The server knows when it airs, starts looking for it that day and automatically downloads a full commercial free HD copy and add it to my library. I turn on the tv when i get home and it's just there. All i had to do was sit on the sofa and say, "Alexa, play the newest Yellowstone" and the tv turns on automatically and Yellowstone is playing. It's pretty slick.

So for thise sayimg Terrarium is easier....I dont even have to pick up my TV remote. It doesnt get any easier.

Last edited:

Stanger00

Established Member
I have a 20 GB Unraid server. I'm not sure how much content is in there at the moment as it's not currently powered on but I'd guess there's 4 or 5 GB worth of entertainment on there.

I have access to someone else's Plex server but don't ever use it as mine has everything I need. It's a low powered system that allows a few remote transcodes at a time which is more than I need. The house is hardwired with Cat6a so the network can stream multiple devices locally without breaking a sweat.

I don't use any Kodi plugins as I've found them unnecessary. The only plugin i use is Emby as a media management backend. It replaces Kodi's media management with Embu which allows all of my devices to sync. Kodi is basivally jjst there as a pretty interface on the tv.

It basically does everything for me. All i do is turn on the tv and every new movie, tv show, music album, etc is automatically added in full HD. For example, i watch Yellowstone and it airs on Wednesday nights. The server knows when it airs, starts looking for it that day and automatically downloads a full commercial free HD copy and add it to my library. I turn on the tv when i get home and it's just there. All i had to do was sit on the sofa and say, "Alexa, play the newest Yellowstone" and the tv turns on automatically and Yellowstone is playing. It's pretty slick.

So for thise sayimg Terrarium is easier....I dont even have to pick up my TV remote. It doesnt get any easier.

Is unraid monthly fee?

Does unraid do the scrapping and downloading of content?

This will really only be beneficial to a real cord cutter.

Not me necessarily. I only need free movie streams and terrarium fits that need.

CompOrange04GT

Established Member
Terrarium is amateur hour IMO.

amateur hour is exactly what 95% of people want.

Most people dont want to go through multiple interfaces and add-ons to do a task, when that task can just be done on it's own.

Don't get me wrong, I have the interfaces in my game room setup..

but for ease of access in the living room, where multiple people may use it, no need to tell them " so go through this to get to that, and then click this" When I can just say.. " hey open this program and type in a movie"

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
I have a plex server and also use Terrarium, we haven’t had cable going on two years. Amazon prime has decent content, also have Hulu and Netflix, not sure if I will keep the last two.

nxhappy

Established Member
soooooo how do you get Terrarium ? I already have the stick.

SolarYellow

Sensei
Established Member
Premium Member
Are these outlets (kodi and such) legal methods? Obviously watching movies (that are in theaters) is highly illegal but what about other programs? I just cut the cord and I'd prefer to stay on the straight and narrow. Besides the usual movie apps (crackle, tubi, pf, pluto, etc..,) are there any others?

CompOrange04GT

Established Member
soooooo how do you get Terrarium ? I already have the stick.

there's literally hundreds of videos on youtube.. It takes.. 5 minutes to do. you literally type in a website on the stick.. and done

Are these outlets (kodi and such) legal methods? Obviously watching movies (that are in theaters) is highly illegal but what about other programs? I just cut the cord and I'd prefer to stay on the straight and narrow. Besides the usual movie apps (crackle, tubi, pf, pluto, etc..,) are there any others?

Kodi itself is legal. Kodi is just the interface... what you do within that interface. That's what brings the issue

Kind of like how an Emulator for a video game is legal, the actual rom, not so much

Users who are viewing this thread