• Kobe Bryant

Votes: 93 66.4%
  • Lebron James

Votes: 47 33.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

_GuRu_

Established Member
Back to the original Kobe vs LeBron discussion, I think it's safe to say that Kobe has no chance of beating Kareem's record as the all time NBA scoring leader, while LeBron is well on his way. Looking at the first 5 seasons:

Kobe:

LBJ:

If anyone has potential to do it, it's LBJ.

Kareem went to 4 full years of college, and didnt start in the NBA until he was 22. Kobe and LBJ both started at 18. With a 4 year jump on him, they should both be able to reach his number, but his longevity was unprecedented. He averaged over 23 a game when he was 38, impressive. I agree that Lebron has the best shot at breaking his record but it will be difficult for him to keep it going at this level into his mid to late 30's.

As far as the big man argument, only Wilt, Kareem, and Russell are hands down better than KG to me. In my opinion Bird wasnt a "big man". I think KG, when its all said and done, deserves his name right in the mix with Ewing, Duncan, Robinson, and Olajuwan. And I think KG is clearly better than McHale or Parish.

Kobra Khan

Krazy SVT Poster!
Established Member
Kareem went to 4 full years of college, and didnt start in the NBA until he was 22. Kobe and LBJ both started at 18. With a 4 year jump on him, they should both be able to reach his number, but his longevity was unprecedented. He averaged over 23 a game when he was 38, impressive. I agree that Lebron has the best shot at breaking his record but it will be difficult for him to keep it going at this level into his mid to late 30's.

As far as the big man argument, only Wilt, Kareem, and Russell are hands down better than KG to me. In my opinion Bird wasnt a "big man". I think KG, when its all said and done, deserves his name right in the mix with Ewing, Duncan, Robinson, and Olajuwan. And I think KG is clearly better than McHale or Parish.

When LeBron gets in his mid 30's, it will be interesting to see if he develops into more of a post up player, or if he decides to loose weight like Peirce and Kobe did and still be able to split defenders.

+1 on the big man argument.

Users who are viewing this thread