Know of many that had this happen?

golfprowanabe

Established Member
I started my drive home from work today. I got on it to get in traffic... made a quick shift to second and pop!!! I had no more gear! Thankfully I was able to coast into a parking lot and had a co-worker give me a ride home.
When I moved the shifter I felt nothing... couldn't feel any gear anywhere. I could move the shifter anywhere I wanted so I'm thinking... did I actually just break the shifter and not a shift fork or something more serious??? No way I thought.
Well, here it is...

Steeda Triax I had for about 3 years. Think it's time for a MGW shifter. :beer:

FlaSeaDude

Building a Perfect Beast
Established Member
There's probably more of a problem here than the shifter. Whenever you have to apply enough force to shift that it will break the shifter, something is not right in either your tranny or your clutch setup... :dw:

golfprowanabe

Established Member
I didn't shift all that hard, but also it wasn't a granny shift. I just suspect that the cast steel, which you can see had lots of air pockets it it, just naturally gave way. I even use the stops so it wasn't just a hard shift. More like a bad cast of the metal.

LuDamiKE81

Flattest of the Flat
Established Member
I broke the handle on my tri ax but never the ball off like that. Send it back i got a new handle after i wrote them an email about how pissed off i was. I had to drive home from the track with a vice grips for a handle.

Fastlane Cobra

Established Member
Man when that shifter was new back in 2003 and 2004 it was highly regarded like the MGW. So I bought it. Then "Stop the press" MGW makes the best shifter on the market.

I need to upgrade to the MGW also at some point. What can I get for the Tri-Ax?? $200 down the drain

Last edited:

Jomo1994z71

Can I get a KB WooWee!
Established Member
i broke the handle on my tri ax but never the ball off like that. Send it back i got a new handle after i wrote them an email about how pissed off i was. I had to drive home from the track with a vice grips for a handle.

lmfao

20psirabbit

Established Member
if nothing else, you should at least break steeda's chops about that broken shifter, especially if the casting is full of air pockets. that's BS :nonono:

golfprowanabe

Established Member
you shifting mofo!!!

Hey hey Jake.... whats up!!! Ha yeah I guess I better lay off the weights!
I heard you run 10 flat now! Damn!

if nothing else, you should at least break steeda's chops about that broken shifter, especially if the casting is full of air pockets. that's BS :nonono:

Funny they said it's billet steel. Weird though because the look of that break is consistent with cast metal.

BlownAway03

Established Member
I must be crazy because I had an MGW and got rid of it for a Tri-Ax.....and yes it was on purpose. I didn't like the MGW all that much.

Users who are viewing this thread