Knock @ 5.25 and spark @ 21.75, bad fuel?

twistid

Established Member
I'm not a pro by anymeans however I'm trying to understand my datalogging to see if everything is running as it should. I did multiple WOT pulls and Lambda stays pretty steady at .84 (which I understand is good) however knock and spark seems to vary during the different WOT pulls. During one pull knock went up to 5.25 and spark dropped to 21.75, on another pull knock was @ 2.75 and spark was @ 20 flat while on the third example knock was @ 3.5 and spark @ 23.5. This is with a 93 octane tune on a '14 GT.

I know heat will play a big factor , however temp never really got above 205 according to the datalog. Do these numbers sound good and if not is it possible it was simply bad fuel?

Justin@VMP

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
11up positive KS values are timing taken out. On a good day i've seen a 5.0l take 25-28*, on a bad day, about 5* less. The hotter they get the less timing they take, when my boss was NA on the road course it would only run about 17-18*

4VFTW

Established Member
put some Torco or better gas in the car and relog it , you should not be seeing positive knock. if it still shows knock with known good octane then perhaps you have an exhaust rattle. Rule those 2 issues out 1st.

Last edited:

DallasBoss

Established Member
I had the same issue on my stock tune. Verified it was bad 93 pump gas by relogging with Sunoco 105. I tried Torco and showed some improvement but still had some knock. I tried a 93/sunoco 105 mix and had great logs, but this would have been an expensive long term solution, so I went with e85, which solved the problem

Users who are viewing this thread