Kmember drop write up?

1996MysticSnake

Established Member
Get and engine support brace that sits on the fenders, support the engine by the alternator bracket or something else.

Then unbolt everything. It's a huge pita, i hope you have air tools

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk

Miked232

Established Member
Get and engine support brace that sits on the fenders, support the engine by the alternator bracket or something else.

Then unbolt everything. It's a huge pita, i hope you have air tools

I do lol. Trust me I’m not looking forward to this. But the smell of exhaust is killin me. Plus I figure it would cost 500-800 to have a mechanic change my header gaskets

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

bryantaylor

Established Member
remove calipers (do not let them hang, tie them up!!!) and rotors, unbolt shocks and sway, unbolt tie rod ends, unbolt rack to make it easier, once you start dropping the K you can zip tie the rack to the sway bar so you don't have to drain any fluid. unbolt steering shaft, tie steering wheel up with seat belt or make sure its locked so you don't accidentally destroy the clock spring in the column. unbolt motor mounts, unbolt K and slowly lower. easier with two floor jacks. just go slow and take your time, its very heavy! i just put a truck jack stand under the oil pan lip to support the motor on mine. also jacked the motor up barely to get the weight off of the K before trying to lower. exhaust manifolds are a 8 hour job book time with a lift (so $800-$1200 roughly to have it done). plan on atleast two days if you have never done it before and especially in a driveway.

1996MysticSnake

Established Member
Also mark the k so you put it back in the same position otherwise it will throw off the alignment of the trans and driveshaft

Users who are viewing this thread