Klasse over Zaino

Cobra'03

Established Member
I have been using Klasse on my little Soob and my wife's car. The One-for-All, then coats of the Sealant Glaze. Very impressed with the Glaze - easy on and off, and a hard brilliant finish.

On a whim, I applied it over my Zaino (it is also an acrylic base like Zaino) on a small section of the Snake- it went on and off with no gumming or problems, and the shine looks comparable. Weigh in the fast drying, and this may be the perfect Summer polish for me.

Hell, I may switch over completely.

Klasse is made in Germany and sells for about $20 for about 16 ozs or so. The bottle is nice - it is a little jug, and it has an inner cap that will not allow a lot of stuff to spill if it falls over.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Sounds like a nice product but after trying and using Zaino I'll never use anything else. Most who use it swear by it - because it does a superb job. And I've used a lot of products over the years.
:)

sambandit

SVT God
Established Member
I use nufinish and think it works great. A buddy of mine put Zaino on his black vette, now don't get me wrong, it looks great, but my black nufinished cobra looks better I think! I like an hour of work more than 8! That's just me though. Beads like nobodies business and I just have one coat on!

mswaim

Dark Side Poster
Established Member
Cherry Wet Wax - easy on, easy off, and their Miracle Mist Detailer for anytime in between is the best I've ever tried............and cheaper than any of the products listed above.

Cobra'03

Established Member
Originally posted by Blue Poison
Does the Klasse contain Polymers or silicones?

of course - it is an acrylic polymer just like Zaino - no silicones.

Is this turning into a wax thread? Started as a Klasse discussion over Zaino.

SStupid

Established Member
Klasse

Originally posted by Cobra'03
of course - it is an acrylic polymer just like Zaino - no silicones.

Is this turning into a wax thread? Started as a Klasse discussion over Zaino.

I used the use Klasse on my boat, but I haven't been able to find it anywhere. I love it. Where'd you get it.

As long as I'm voting: Zaino is overated and too hard to apply. Any wax job that takes stages is too much for me. Tried it, didn't like it, and it looks like any other wax to me.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Re: Klasse

Originally posted by SStupid
IZaino is overated and too hard to apply. Any wax job that takes stages is too much for me. Tried it, didn't like it, and it looks like any other wax to me.
That's not really true. The initial application is multi-step. Of course you don't have to use the clay bar, for example, or use Dawn Liquid detergent to remove any old wax -- unless you want an absolutely clean surface to work with. If you're going to polish your car's finish you may as well do it right to begin with. Any other wax or polish system is laying good product on an unprepared surface. Not a good thing as far as I'm concerned.

Once you get the first application down, subsequent applications are a piece of cake. Apply the polish to the entire car, wait 15-20 minutes and remove the haze. Couldn't be any easier. Sure beats rubbing and buffing until your arms ache. And if you want to, use the Spray Detailer between polish applications to enhance the shine.

I personally don't buy the "All In One" claims of some of these products. Logic tells you there is no way an All In One product can remove the contaminants that only a clay bar will remove. All In Ones are a compromise. They work good, but not as good as a true multi-step product. I'll never be convinced otherwise because I've tried many. But folks swear by other products that are very good. If it works for them, go for it.

Last edited:

Cobra'03

Established Member
All-in-ones are a compromise, ands it is a limitation of the chemistry that no one has figured a way around.

I cannot support NuFinish, esp on a black car - it is loaded with silicones, and while it protects and lasts well, silicone polymers are known to add a silvery "patina" to black that you get used to, but when you see a properly Zainoed or carnaubed black car you see what I mean - they have much more depth of shine.

All in Ones are convenient for daily drivers like my Outback and my wife's Camry. The Klasse One is also a cleaner to prep the surface - after that, it is just as easy as Zaino to just use the Glaze Sealant.

I have found with Zaino that the surface stays amazing clean - now, I do not leave the car parked outside ever, and it is in an air conditioned garage most of the time, so maybe I am not a good test case. I will be using the Zaino again on my Cobra, and the Klasse on everything else.

I agree that a good claying is best now and then - it also does not remove a shred of the clear coat.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Originally posted by Cobra'03
I do not leave the car parked outside ever, and it is in an air conditioned garage most of the time, so maybe I am not a good test case.
Yikes! Are you serious? An air conditioned garage? Now THAT'S one thing I wish I had. And heated in the winter.
:lol1:

flyn high again

You are getting sleepy...
Established Member
A good coat of wax makes it much easier to keep clean. I know when my car [daily driver] starts to look dirty it's time to wax again. I'm trying this P21S carnauba/beeswax product that I got from the paintless dent removal place 2 doors down from my shop. Their job is making customer cars look great without bodywork and paint, [sometimes they touch up with a little paint and clearcoat] so I figued I would try what they use. I will say that it blows away the Meguiars Gold Class that I was using. Easier to apply, no residue, and a better shine. I thought my car was already waxed, but after cleaning and waxing [halfway through now] it, I can see the difference.:)

flyn high again

Established Member
I just finished the car and it is really impressive! The DSG is really looking DSG.
Blue Poison, mine was polished thoroughly before I applied the Meguiars a couple weeks ago so all I had to do was take the Meguiar's off, give it a quick polish, and apply the P21S. I borrowed this jar so I have to give it back Mon. but I traded a T-handle for my own jar when the new shipment comes in. I'll have to see what multiple coats do when I get it. I've never tried Zaino or Klasse but I sure like the P21S. :coolman:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Originally posted by flyn high again
II've never tried Zaino or Klasse but I sure like the P21S. :coolman:
If you think your DSG has a high gloss with the P21S, come check out my Zaino'd DSG.

Seriously, glad you like what you're using. I'd never switch from Zaino but I surely understand personal preferences. Otherwise everyone would be buying Zaino or P21S.
:beer:

flyn high again

Established Member
Originally posted by CobraBob
If you think your DSG has a high gloss with the P21S, come check out my Zaino'd DSG.

Seriously, glad you like what you're using. I'd never switch from Zaino but I surely understand personal preferences. Otherwise everyone would be buying Zaino or P21S.
:beer:

Sorry, Bob, but I'm not coming to Connecticut [sp?] to look at your car! LOL. I may try Zaino sometime if I get the opportunity because of all the good things you guys say about it.

Have you used P21S also? Has anyone else used both?

Last edited:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Originally posted by flyn high again
Sorry, Bob, but I'm not coming to Connecticut [sp?] to look at your car! LOL. I may try Zaino sometime if I get the opportunity because of all the good things you guys say about it.

Have you used P21S also? Has anyone else used both?
Actually I had never heard of P21S. If I wasn't so pleased with Zaino I'd give it a shot. Maybe I'll try it out on my wife's car.

99cobrablack

Non-premium'
Established Member
Has anyone ever heard of wax shop products?? I have been using them forever, and my father as well, it outshiners zanio, and is heckuva lot easier to put on.

Cobra10thaniv

Established Member
Ok can you use any of these in the direct sunlight? the one i finally found you can and is important cause my car goes to shows thats its life that and car cruises

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Originally posted by Cobra10thaniv
Ok can you use any of these in the direct sunlight? the one i finally found you can and is important cause my car goes to shows thats its life that and car cruises
Zaino polish and detailer can be applied in direct sunlight. That's one of the nice things about it.

flyn high again

Established Member
P21S has to be applied to one area at a time. It dries to a haze fast and the directions say to remove it before it completely dries. So no sunlight. In the garage or under a tree is good.

Users who are viewing this thread