Kitchen-aid Appliances

Adower

Established Member
We're looking at doing a kitchen remodel in a couple months. Can anyone recommend the best place to find kitchen aid professional appliances (double oven, range, dishwasher, fridge)? I've been checking google but not even sure where to start.

wizbangdoodle

Inslee is an Idiot
Established Member
Premium Member
Not sure where you're at, but find the stores that carry the high-end brands by using duckduckgo. I'd search for thermador, wolf, fisher pakel, gaggenau etc. Find the dealers carrying these types of high-end brands and you'll find what you're looking for.

If you're already locked into a specific brand and model, shop around for the best price on the internet. You'd be surprised at where you'll find some of these units for sale. If you're open to several brands and models, you can use that to get a better deal.

Also, if you're remodeling, I assume that means new cabinets etc? Make sure you take a very close look at dimensions. We had our cabinets designed by Cliq Studios. We sent dimensions and they sent a plan/drawing back. Tweaked it several times and it came out perfect. Fridge fits, stove fits, dishwasher fits perfect. So, pick out your appliances first, then design around their dimensions.

Your government is lying to you

lOOKnGO

Keep'um smiling
Established Member
Read my post about third party warranties. GOOD luck!

tistan

Established Member
Kitchen Aid is overpriced junk. It is cheap shit with a nice handle on it. For a little more money you can get GE Cafe.

Adower

Established Member
Kitchen Aid is overpriced junk. It is cheap shit with a nice handle on it. For a little more money you can get GE Cafe.
I've read the commercial series is very good. I'll check into GE Cafe.

Lambeau

Superfleck Moonbird
Established Member
Malt Liquor Mafia
Got these last year. Very happy with them. Three Kitchen Aids and one Maytag.

Fridge MFF2258FEZ ( Maytag)
Mic: KMHC319ESS (KA)
DW: KDTM704KPS (KA)
Range: KFED500ESS (KA)

- Print Shield (or variations) is a clear protector the mfr apply to stainless steel surfaces to minimize fingerprints and aid in cleaning. It's great.
- Some appliances you are considering may not have it, or may not be available with it.
- If you look and compare you side by side, you can see the difference.
- Otherwise, in a normal house with the distance between appliances and the different lighting, you'd be hard pressed to tell the difference between kitchen appliances with and without.

Installed a stainless steel sink at the same time. Go with the Delta faucet with print shield. They are awesome, great support too.

C959FE5B-11A8-4C40-8078-B7BDD5AFA9CB.jpeg

BrunotheBoxer

PUREBLOOD MASTERRACE
Established Member
Born and raised Brockton. Living in Naples.
My wife gutted and remodeled the kitchen on cape cod and went to one of those high end 6 figgah appliance stores and she was all set to go German and she walked out buying all GE Cafe shit. They told her its as good as you can get and if something does break it’s easier to get parts. She loves them and also said that kitchen aid is nice middle grade appliances but nothing like they used to be. I’ll put these Cafe appliances up against anything but they are more money than the Kitchen aid.

Bullitt1448

Established Member
We have Kitchen Aide Range, dishwasher and over the range microwave, love the range and dishwasher, zero complaints on either, the microwave sucks.

wundrbird

Proud Father
Established Member
You might want to look into Bosch as well. Or if you have more to spend, Thermador and Gaggenau might be options.

The parent company is Bosch Siemens Home Appliances (B/S/H), headquartered in Irvine, CA. Their customer service department, central distribution, and service parts department are located in New Bern, NC. Their dishwashers and many of their cooking appliances (including Thermador) are made there or in LaFollette, TN. Most of the service technicians dispatched by customer service are company-trained and company-employed. They service Bosch, Thermador, and Gaggenau.

I might be biased. :D

Double"O"

N2S come get some
Established Member
I have GE cafe...whole kitchen
Replaced the fridge at 7 months lol

Now a kitchen aide mixer is a must...i have 2 lol

VegasMichael

Established Member
I don't think GE even makes appliances anymore. They just license their name out.

I had an Amana refrigerator for 12 years. Never had a problem. Left it behind when I moved this year.

wizbangdoodle

Inslee is an Idiot
Established Member
Premium Member
Speaking of dishwashers, I'd suggest dishwasher drawers. Check out Fisher Paykel. It's like having 2 dishwashers. Clean dishes in the top drawer, dirty dishes in the bottom, or just run both at the same time. A lot of times we never even have to get into the cupboards.

mtb01

Established Member
Kitchen Aide is garbage. We had all kitchen aid when we built last house. Had double oven it sucked. Took forever to get hot. Fridge ice maker broke after 2 years. Over priced.

rotor_powerd

Established Member
Premium Member
Speaking of dishwashers, I'd suggest dishwasher drawers. Check out Fisher Paykel. It's like having 2 dishwashers. Clean dishes in the top drawer, dirty dishes in the bottom, or just run both at the same time. A lot of times we never even have to get into the cupboards.

We have one of those to supplement our main dishwasher. Super handy for when you don't have enough dirty dishes to fill the main one, or when you have a ton of dishes and still want to get them all done in one cycle.

All of our appliances are original to our house which was built in 2005. SubZero fridge, GE Monogram range/ovens, and a Kitchen Aid dishwasher. Everything is perfect except for the dishwasher - the drain pump has sounded like it's on the verge of death for a couple years and something in the heating element circuit died a while back. I'd have already replaced it but there is a veneer on the front that matches the cabinets, fridge, etc. and I haven't felt like trying to track down a replacement with the exact same dimensions and mounting provisions for that. Maybe it's simpler than I'm thinking but I imagine it will be a real headache

BittenInBama

Established Member
It's def different but absolutely worth considering: we bought a Fisher Paykel dishwasher 10 years ago. The double drawer style dishwasher. Absolutely love it!
Zero issues.
Well worth every cent over cost of traditional style single door dw!

ford fanatic

Four Eyed Freak
Established Member
Remodeled in 2015, every appliance was new down to the toaster oven and a mixer that sits on the counter is Kitchen aid. Zero issues in 7 years with any of it. I'm pretty satisfied with my over priced junk lol.

Users who are viewing this thread