Kirban

Pure Vennom

Established Member
Kirban Shifter

Anyone had any experiance with the Kirban Shifter? I had a person say they are good but does anyone know? Most of what I see is that it is split about 50/50 on the steeda and Pro 5.0.

Any words of wisdom?

Last edited:

FearblueR1

Established Member
I have the shifter. I originally used the MGW adjustable handle. Didn't like it with this shifter. Then moved back to the stock shift handle. Didn't like that either. Finally I moved to the little short handle that Kirban includes in the kit. That has been the best thing I've done so far.

So far its the most fun I have had with the car. The shifts are incredibly short. Shortest handle I've seen yet. The only thing I might try is the steeda handle. About the same height as the kirban, maybe alittle taller, but moves the handle back further.

Either way, it has been allot of experimenting. But so far I'm happy with it.

From what I have been told, Kirban originally designed the steeda triax. Then broke away and built an improved design and sold them himself.

Last edited:

MadNess

Established Member
I LOVE the kirban shifter on the cobra... I have the mgw adjustable handle on it, makes nice shifts, and you dont have to sit on top of the steering wheel to reach it :)

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Originally posted by 03BlackCoupe
LoL Skinny Nittos. Where can you order it from? Is that the shifter Amazon sells?
Yes, it is. Lynn uses it in their '03 Cobra race car. She loves it. Kirban, by the way, has always been a popular 'Vette shifter. If I didn't already have the Tri-Ax this would be one shifter I would definitely check out.

n2fords2003

Established Member
crap!! I didnt know kirban had a 6 spped shifter!! I had one on a GT and it was awesome!! Any one want to buy a Tri-Ax

finally

Established Member
I've had mine with the MGW handle for 3 months and I love it. High quality piece. Haven't missed a single gear since the install.

Yates...Man

TRMN8R
Established Member
I bought one from Amazon, and I love it. Very nice piece of equipment. I put the anodized UPR 6 speed ball on it and this thing never misses a shift.

Users who are viewing this thread