King Of The Hill 2008, 1000$ to win. Video

Venom525RWHP

Established Member
We had 19 cars total, with 10 on DOT rubber and barely legal. The ones that made me nervous was my best friend in his Viper GTS, a pullied 07 GT500, two Subaru's (one was a STI), a RX7, an AWD Talon TSI, a little Civic Hatch that showed up on a trailer with a roll cage and a Jackson Racing blower setup, and the 2007 finalist, the 01 Camaro SS "mostly stock" according to the owner.

I showed up with the 2.900 upper setup dynoed at 485rwhp, BFG R1's, fresh brakes (new rotors ,pads and fluids). Also spent the hole day setting up the susp to the same spec I ran in 2007 when I set the laprecord for a standing start. Only thing that bothered me was the Posi in the rear. It was a little loose when I checked it.

During eliminations my crew recorded everyone's laptimes. I was the fasest with the Viper .45sec in second and the Camaro almost 1.5 slower. So we weren't worried. Norbee(Viper buddy) and I talked about giving the crowed a great show with a burnout and that we are gonna split the money to buy some brake pads...

But we both got SCHOOLED by a 01 CamaroSS!

On the start he parked right in middle of the racing line and forced me onto the marble. I knew this was VERY bad but I was over confident and thought I could still pull it off. Then he jumped me on the start, I was late on the gas comming of Turn2 and it was all over...

Lesson learned - Never under estimate you opponent

Cobra vs Camaro
http://s64.photobucket.com/albums/h199/Venom525rwhp/?action=view&current=MVI_5042.flv

Viper vs Camaro
KOTH Finals 2008 video by Venom525rwhp - Photobucket

Last edited:

racebronco2

Established Member
I wish we had something around here like that, looks like lots of fun. You almost had him in the end. Looks like the vipers had to lift to avoid hitting him the camaro when he went into hot, the rear got loose ended up in the vipers lane. Thanks for posting the video, better luck next time.

Users who are viewing this thread