Kind of a cool story... Bro

04YellowGT

Established Member
Last Saturday we got hit pretty hard with snow. It wasn't anything crazy but I think it came in somewhere around 4-6 inches. Well that night my wife and I were meeting up with some friends to celebrate a few of their birthdays. The roads by where we lived were horrible but my little Cruze managed to get through them. We approached a blind curve and there was a car stuck in the middle of the road. I figured I would stop and help them as it was dark and a dangerous spot to be stuck. Eventually I got the young woman out after about 15 mins of pushing and trying to show her how take off (aka not to smash the gas pedal.) I get back in my car and look down and notice my wedding band is gone. I didn't have gloves on and it must have fallen off in the road somewhere. My wife and I are both somewhat up set and try to search the road for it. We even call her parents and ask to borrow their metal detector. We search for about an hour and give up. My wife cried that night as we’ve only been married 6 months and I already lost my ring. I continued to search the next day and a few more days throughout the week to no avail.

Well today I decided to go out one more time since my wife is working and most of the snow has melted. I wasn’t more than 5 mins into looking and there it was. It was on the opposite side of the road from where the woman was stuck and it looks like a snow plow hit it as there is a huge chunk taken out of it.

I still can’t believe I found it! Now I’m going to wrap it up and give it to my wife on Christmas Eve at her parent’s house. I think eventually I will have it made into a necklace for her.

Cliff notes: Lost wedding band pushing someone stuck in snow on a country road. Found it a little over a week later.

photo_zpsbdae7c1b.gif

blkGT500nCA

Established Member
Yup its tungsten.

I don't know how the heck you'd be able to make a necklace out of it. Maybe a jeweler could help. Tungsten is a SOB.

A normal guy can't drill or weld it. I think it can be brazed...

Either way, momma will be happy you found it!

2k3Mach

Established Member
6 months in and already taking the wedding ring off to help a damsel in distress. .. I don't see this marriage going past the 2 yr mark.

Yes... just kidding...

James Snover

The Ill-Advised Physics Amplification Co
Established Member
Premium Member
I'm going to have to look in to getting a tungsten wedding ring made for myself. That sounds cool as hell! Glad you found yours.

blkGT500nCA

Established Member
I'm going to have to look in to getting a tungsten wedding ring made for myself. That sounds cool as hell! Glad you found yours.

They're sweet! I have one, but you have to buy it in the size you want because they're un-sizeable after they're made. Can't engrave on them either. Awesome color though.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Very nice ending to a somewhat sad story. From your wife's perspective. So awesome that you found it.

You know, even though it was damaged (assumingly by a snow plow), the damage appears to be symmetrical. Maybe you can mount it to a glass/plexi base, engrave the base with something that is meaningful to you both, and keep it on your bedroom dresser.

DriftwoodSVT

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Established Member
About 2 months ago my Tungsten Carbide band fell off our kitchen island, hit the tile and shattered into about 10 pieces. Took it back to store and they said these rings are made with a shatter point in case they need to come off in an emergency. Good to know.

But what are the odds mine landed just on that spot?

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
They're sweet! I have one, but you have to buy it in the size you want because they're un-sizeable after they're made. Can't engrave on them either. Awesome color though.

they managed to etch something into mine from triton

About 2 months ago my Tungsten Carbide band fell off our kitchen island, hit the tile and shattered into about 10 pieces. Took it back to store and they said these rings are made with a shatter point in case they need to come off in an emergency. Good to know.

just bad luck man, Ive heard of it happening a few times. Triton has a pretty good replacement deal if one breaks or you need a different size

04YellowGT

Established Member
6 months in and already taking the wedding ring off to help a damsel in distress. .. I don't see this marriage going past the 2 yr mark.

Yes... just kidding...

HAHA they guys at work were saying the same thing.

I don't know how the heck you'd be able to make a necklace out of it. Maybe a jeweler could help. Tungsten is a SOB.

A normal guy can't drill or weld it. I think it can be brazed...

Either way, momma will be happy you found it!

I've heard that about tungsten. There is actually no jeweler where I'm from that has the tools to work with it. One jeweler I talked to said they work with someone in Chicago that might be able to turn it into a pendent for my wife.

How the hell did you spot that? lol

I have no idea. I wish I would have taken a picture of it sitting on the ground. It was a huge stretch of road and I walked quite a distance the night I lost it. Then add where the snow plows could have thrown it the chances of finding it were next to nothing.

You know, even though it was damaged (assumingly by a snow plow), the damage appears to be symmetrical. Maybe you can mount it to a glass/plexi base, engrave the base with something that is meaningful to you both, and keep it on your bedroom dresser.

Right now I have it in the original ring box. I was going to put a little note or quote in there but haven't found the right words yet. I like the idea of mounting it and engraving a quote!

I read that after looking on the internet last night. One guy dropped his at the alter on his wedding day and it broke in two. :dw:

Thanks everyone for the comments! I'll let you know what I come up with and her reaction.

04YellowGT

Established Member
they managed to etch something into mine from triton

just bad luck man, Ive heard of it happening a few times. Triton has a pretty good replacement deal if one breaks or you need a different size

Mine is a Triton too. They said they would give me a new one but I have to give up this one. I don't think my wife or I could give it up after finding it. The jeweler I bought it from said they would see what they could do on getting me another one with out turning the old ring in.

black92

Hot rod Lincoln
Established Member
Cool story and your wife will be thrilled!

I have a Tungsten ring as well and bought it off Amazon. I saw no reason to have an $800+ ring for myself, so $35 was doable. And if I lost it, it was cheap to replace.

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
Right now I have it in the original ring box. I was going to put a little note or quote in there but haven't found the right words yet. I like the idea of mounting it and engraving a quote!

Hopefully nothing about your love being unbreakable...

Users who are viewing this thread