Kimber or Sig 1911

SNAKE CHARM

Alcohol Fueled Brutality
Established Member
So this Saturday I was out looking at some 1911's and I really like the Sig Sauer Tacops model with the rail, night sights and threaded barrel but also have been wanting a Kimber Pro carry . So the question is if you had the money to spend on either one would you and why or why not.

7.62x51

Established Member
Sig, absolutely, positively no question between the two. We use 226's (9mm) at work and they are the greatest gun ever. Anything from Sig is going to be awesome.

SNAKE CHARM

Alcohol Fueled Brutality
Established Member
So far Im leaning towards the Sig based on a few people I spoke to at the gun store as well. I have fired the Kimber Pro carry but not the Sig by the way.

oldmodman

Established Member
I have several Colt Commanders and gold Cups. They may be superior for target shooting but for a combat weapon I would go with the SIG.
Kimber would be my choice for a customized match weapon.

Zinc03Cobra

Super Trooper
Established Member
I own all three. Just comes down to whatever you want it to look like and how much you're willingly to spend. Find some folks at your local ranges and see if they'd be willingly to let you shoot both if you supply the ammo.

SNAKE CHARM

Alcohol Fueled Brutality
Established Member
I own all three. Just comes down to whatever you want it to look like and how much you're willingly to spend. Find some folks at your local ranges and see if they'd be willingly to let you shoot both if you supply the ammo.

Well as mentioned I have fired the Kimber it's my buddys gun and I liked it, I like the look and feel of the Sig better. Just wanted to get some opinions on the two but I guess if your spending 1k + It's nice to get some feedback. What model Sig do you have?

VNMOUS1

Established Member
Springfield EMP...I debated these same options not too long ago and then found the Springfield

Just looked at a TRP last weekend. All the toys! $1300 ish. VERY nice.

I train with Sigs, but I'd buy that SA if I wanted a 1911.

Bj

Sent via Tapatalk from my MoPho

lemosley01

Right Wing Conspirator
Established Member
Sig, absolutely, positively no question between the two. We use 226's (9mm) at work and they are the greatest gun ever. Anything from Sig is going to be awesome.

How are their 1911s compared to Kimber (which I've heard are tempermental and need break-in time).

SNAKE CHARM

Alcohol Fueled Brutality
Established Member
How are their 1911s compared to Kimber (which I've heard are tempermental and need break-in time).

Yeah my buddy sent a 1000 rounds in his before he would carry it, they have very tight tolerences and do require some break in from what everybody suggests that has one.

Nitrous SSC

Established Member
I don't like Kimber's 90 day warranty. That turns me off alot about their products, also they aren't US Made anymore. I heard Brazil?

txyaloo

Established Member
I don't like Kimber's 90 day warranty. That turns me off alot about their products, also they aren't US Made anymore. I heard Brazil?

Low end Springfields are made in Brazil. AFAIK, all Kimbers are still made in the US. That said, Kimber offers shitty QC and a 1 year warranty while Springfield offers better QC and a lifetime warranty.

Why do you say that?

Fighting pistols should not have adjustable sights. Gold Cups are target pistols. You don't want a carry gun with sights that have the possibility of moving while you're carrying it.

You're comparing apples and oranges. Also, the P226 isn't the greatest gun ever. Old Sig is great. New Sig, not so great. Their QC has followed the same path as Kimber since Ron Cohen took over.

I also don't want a 1911 with an external extractor. I'd much rather have a traditional gun that is made the way John Browning designed it.

Users who are viewing this thread