Killer chiller needed with e85?

rfiresnake

Established Member
I'm installing a kb 2.2 @ 19lbs of boost, Triple pump return system and a killer chiller. With the cooling effects of e85 is the killer chiller gonna be worth installing?

LTHL VNM

Don't call it a comeback
Established Member
absolutely!
Once you see how cold the fluid gets and feel the benefits of not getting heat soaked you'll wonder why more people don't have one!
Get it!!!!

Ironhand

Banned
There is a certain balance that must be kept tho. If you get it too cold it will run the risk of blowing out the flame front and causing that cylinder not to fire. IMO, its really not needed. You can command a certain amount of timing and AFR and the car will push out very similar numbers back to back with the E85. It really is that cold of a fuel.

Jad G

Broke but fast
Established Member
I can't wait to see how mine does, as I will be running both as well. I'm getting the break-in tune done Saturday by wally on 93 then after the clutch and all are broken in he's going to do the e85 tune. I have BR7EFs in it right now gapped 26 thou out of the box but I'm second guessing that idea since broke7 and several other people gained power going back with the warmer TR6s. Up until now I only ran TR6s and they ran well albeit with a slight idle stumble you'd notice. I guess ill switch back to the warmer plug before the power pull on ethanol. Considering my pulley combo and all I think ill need both the KC and ethanol to keep cool down here in the Texas heat.

Users who are viewing this thread