Killer Chiller Install Help

03venum

Never enough HP
Established Member
I am about to install my gen2 KC on my cobra I have the 3 way valve I wanting to install. Before I start taking everything apart I am wondering where the valve should be mounted. The only picture I can find is where a guy used the valve with an after market pump. This changed the way the valve would need to be mounted with a stock IC pump. Does anyone one have any pictures of the valve on there car with a stock IC pump? Or give some help on location and how and what was used with the valve. Thanks. Also if anyone has any tips or suggestions that would make everything go smoother please let me know.

*UPDATE*

Got every thing is done now thanks to everyone that helped. The pictures of the valve location and mounting really help and saved alot of time. Everything seems to be working really well Ice cold AC and well below Ambiat IAT2's. I insulated just about everything including my IC tank. Only hitch was both AC fittings on the KC were leaking at the swivel joint nothing could be done to fix it. But Joe helped me out and Next Day Air'ed me two of the new fittings he is using and they worked like a charm where a little taller though. Now for more testing with it. Great product and killer customer service. Thanks again

Last edited:

03Snake04

! Sonic Boom !
Established Member
i just completed my KC install and i also used the 3-way valve with the Y fitting to bypass the h/e... here is how i mounted mine (after hours of looking at it wondering how I could mount the valve securely)

i knew i wanted the valve to be secure and not hanging loose bc the car sits so low to the ground that it needs to be a one hand job..

i drilled 2 holes through the pumps bracket .. with a lock washer and nut on the inside of this bracket, there was still enough room for the pump to slide back into place easily
2012-06-15153433.jpg

i used nuts as my spacers, hey it did the job!
2012-06-29131610.jpg

2012-06-29131558.jpg

the valve is easily reachable with the car on the ground
2012-06-29124953.jpg

the Y fitting
2012-06-29131625.jpg

2012-06-29131645.jpg

the coolant lines
2012-06-15163515.jpg

the support bracket and ac lines
2012-06-15163600.jpg

Last edited:

TRBO VNM

huh, so the AC lines are on the bottom now? Interesting.

I am getting ready to install a gen2 for Ceanes.

OP, I did a 3 way valve for hurtnem, but I did it a little different. In his setup I plumbed it so either the KC is working or the HE is working. Neither of them will work at the same time. The way I have see others with the Y fitting, it is either the KC or the KC and HE.

His concern was the freon leaking out (has happened 3 times so far, and NOT installer error) and the KC not functioning properly. So he wanted to be able to go back to stock setup if this happens.

Oh yeah, hurtnem has a unique setup as well. TWO KC's are working. One for the intecooler coolant and one to cool his trans fluid. Pretty trick setup Joe came up with

Last edited:

03venum

Never enough HP
Established Member
03Snake04 are you able to access the valve once the bumper was put back on. Is there not some sort of plastic cover or something in the way once its back on? Can you take some pictures of how you access it maybe? Thanks alot those pictures really helped.

TRBO VNM how did you mount the valve you are talking about and where is it? Do you have some pictures you could show? Thanks.

TRBO VNM

I mounted it similar to above. The bolt that actually clamps the pump into the bracket sticks up high enough that I made a bracket to mount the pump to and then drilled a hole to mount it to that bolt.

when you put the bumper back on, it is perfectly positiion between the bumper and the wheel liner. Not sure if I have any pics uploaded.

03venum

Never enough HP
Established Member
I mounted it similar to above. The bolt that actually clamps the pump into the bracket sticks up high enough that I made a bracket to mount the pump to and then drilled a hole to mount it to that bolt.

when you put the bumper back on, it is perfectly positiion between the bumper and the wheel liner. Not sure if I have any pics uploaded.

Thanks if you could take a picture or two that would be great.

Tractionless1

Established Member
huh, so the AC lines are on the bottom now? Interesting.

Yep, I talked to Joe about it last week, he says it flows and cools better upside down.

For those of you installing additional plumbing, angles, turns etc. I highly recommend ditching the OEM IC pump now while you're in there. Plenty of failures after installs of systems with additional plumbing.

03Snake04

! Sonic Boom !
Established Member
03Snake04 are you able to access the valve once the bumper was put back on. Is there not some sort of plastic cover or something in the way once its back on? Can you take some pictures of how you access it maybe? Thanks alot those pictures really helped.

TRBO VNM how did you mount the valve you are talking about and where is it? Do you have some pictures you could show? Thanks.

yes you can access the valve .. using two hands would be impossible bc our cars are so low thats why i had to find a way to mount the valve ... this pic is taking from under the car with the bumper reinstalled... my phone was under the car.. around the middle of the k member, looking forward towards the passenger side bumper during this pic

as you can see the valve is not much higher from the bottom of the plastic guards and front bumper .. the guard to the right in the pic is the inner fender, it stays on even with the bumper off.. so you will be able to be familiary with the access you will have even before you put the bumper back on... you can lay on your back and reach the valve ... in my setup the valve is in bypass mode when the handle is down (like in the pic) .. and is in h/e AND kc mode with the valve handle facing the rear of the car ... so i get on my back and push it up with one hand

it is not really seeable but is very easy to feel for

2012-06-29124953.jpg

Last edited:

03Snake04

! Sonic Boom !
Established Member
little added info... i can see the valve from the front of the car while looking under on my knees ... so i can tell if it is all the way down (for bypass mode) .. but when i turn the valve towards the rear (for h/e and kc mode, aka everyday driving) i would not know if the valve is fully turned 90* to the exact spot for the best flow

this is what i did .. with the bumper off and messing with the valve (after it was secured and installed) i turned the handle to the rear for the h/e and kc mode and noticed the valve wouldnt go all the way up 90* to the location i wanted it because about 80% through the turn i then hit the washers (spacers) with the handle

so i took the nut off the handle and grinded a little off my handle until i had it perfect... now when i turn my handle up as far as it can go.. it is now turned the full 90* to be in the exact spot it needs to be for the non-bypass mod

so to make that more clear.. i can see the handle in the downward bypass postition and know that it is down... but to go back to the non-bypass position.. i get on my back and turn the valve 90* up as far as it can go.. it will then be in the position i want it bc it will not go any farther(bc of those nuts in the way) .. i love the setup this way bc there are no guesses

id like to go back later and make some kind of stopping point for when i turn the handle down also.. so when i turn the valve downward for bypass mode... that i can be sure its fully down without having to look at it

Last edited:

03venum

Never enough HP
Established Member
Also what is Conceate Nips? What tool did you use for those weird hose clamps that come with the kit?

03Snake04

! Sonic Boom !
Established Member
Last edited:

03venum

Never enough HP
Established Member
What gm car would I reference at a parts place in order to get the correct white gm orifice tube? Or does someone have the GM part number?

03venum

Never enough HP
Established Member
Thanks but I found that the part number was alot more help. I did a little research and found AC delco 15-5151 is what is used. Had to be ordered at my local advance auto parts but had it the next day. The people behind the counter don't even know what an orifice tube is so you the part number is pretty critical if you dont want to be in the store forever while they figure it out.

03venum

Never enough HP
Established Member
Brand and color of the orifice tube indicates everything you need to know. Just ask for GM white.

What was you low and high side numbers? I belive my high was around 275 it was 88-89 degrees out side with very high humidity.

Last edited:

nxs450

Kanas SVT Poster
Established Member
Does anyone have a plumbing diagrahm for the 3-way valve install? I believe this is the way I am going. Thanks!

SVTDice

Established Member
+1 On what tractionless said. I'd go with the Jabsco pump upgrade. I did it recently, Its quite the beast pump, 3 year warranty and says right on the box that its built to operate for life.

03venum

Never enough HP
Established Member
Thanks for the info.

Did that valve have mounting points on it or did it come with a bracket?

It has 4 mounting holes. You can only use the top 2 if you do it like in the pictures which was fine its nice and sturdy.

Users who are viewing this thread