Kicked out of dressing room helping my wife - opinions.

ElscottHavoc

It's all your fault.
Established Member
should of invited her in and gave them both the D OP

Jrn4S.gif

Blah...she looked like one of my lunch ladies from elementary school.

Posted via Topify on Android

Grabber

Yep...
Established Member
It's iffy iffy for the Wife and I, however, I've never been confronted by an employee that we cannot go in together. Sorry to say, but, if you want me as a customer, you'll allow MY WIFE AND I to enter a fitting room and help her try on clothes. We have a bed at home to get "to business" on and don't want to use your disgusting fitting room with piles of clothes. Same can be said for small children running around or peaking under the barricades of the room (This has happened to us) and I've never seen an employee confront said child or parents of said child. Half the time the locks are also broken, and the last thing I want is for some guy/girl to walk in on my wife because the door doesn't lock. IMO, customers have every right to use the fittings room how they see fit as long as it's within reason of being respectful.

I always go in and really do not care. 90% of the time the women go with the men inside the men's fitting room and if I am trying on shirts/pants, I'm not really cool with walking 25' in front of a shit ton of people, let alone women. I prefer it to be private.

As long as you are not bothering anyone, I don't see what the issue is.

STXDriver98544

Bass Assassin
Established Member
Correct me if I'm wrong but I swear I saw something recently where men are now allowed to somehow use women's restrooms under certain circumstances? I don't know about you but, hmm, let me weigh the severity of these 2 situations and pick which one is worse. Really? I know when I go to get my suit tailored or something you wait a hour on those stupid salesman to get measured or whatever bs you're in there for. You can forget about "helpful" service. I agree it's a ridiculous policy, but, one perspective could be if your wife will expose her back at the beach in a bikini or such, then walking out in public exposing basically the same thing isn't that big a deal?

lobra97

PIITB since 1984
Established Member
you know you were trying the dress on OP, ain't gots to lie to kick it craig

2KBlackGT

The Man, Myth, The Legend
Established Member
If I'm sitting there waiting on my GF/Wife while she's trying on clothes and see some dude go to the dressing room with his GF/Wife I'm not sure I'd be comforable with that.

Their store, their rules, get over it already. If you want to take action, don't shop there anymore.

This.

Why not just go to the men dressing rooms and have you wife try he clothes on in there? I'd think men would be less likely to complain about a woman in their dressing room.

ElscottHavoc

It's all your fault.
Established Member
If I'm sitting there waiting on my GF/Wife while she's trying on clothes and see some dude go to the dressing room with his GF/Wife I'm not sure I'd be comforable with that.

Why not just go to the men dressing rooms and have you wife try he clothes on in there? I'd think men would be less likely to complain about a woman in their dressing room.

Touché

Zemedici

Established Member

This.

Truth.

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
Sorry guys. I would not want men in the dressing room while I'm trying on clothes. Most of them are not private - curtains that don't close all the way, shuttered doors that only cover the minimum and don't shut properly. She can walk out and let you help her button or zip. Actually, that's what sales people are for.

I guess you only shop at department stores and women only stores? I can't think of another retail store that has separate dressing rooms for women and men.

And what about when the attendants at Male dressing rooms are female? Guess the store isn't worried about men being uncomfortable.

I could understand not being comfortable with a dude randomly walking into the dressing room by himself. You think that dude is going to bother another woman with his wife right there? And with other guys clearly within sight/earshot? Why so paranoid?

kingCOBRAsvt_99

STOCK..looking
Established Member
Nsfw

[video]http://youtube.com/watch?v=8H_-bA-Ww5U[/video]

Why is it that the embed video option (the little movie reel icon) never seems to work for me?

Last edited:

ElscottHavoc

It's all your fault.
Established Member
Did it ever cross your mind at least once, to try a quickie while in the dressing room?

Hah, it crosses my mind to have a quickie with my wife in a lot of places, including, yes that moment in the dressing room. I see the relevancy and what you might be implying, but ultimately what crosses my mind and what I'll actually do based upon the appropriateness and privacy of a situation (and what my wife will agree) are two very different things. I mean, shit it always crosses my mind to have my wife sneak in a rub and tug in the back row of a halfway empty movie theater, but I've never been requested to sit 3 seats away from her or sit closer to the crowd based upon what naughty things might cross my mind.

Last edited:

Blown 89

Established Member
I don't see what the big deal is, have your wife walk out with the dress on so you can zip it up. Mountain out of a mole hill IMO.

ElscottHavoc

It's all your fault.
Established Member
I don't see what the big deal is, have your wife walk out with the dress on so you can zip it up. Mountain out of a mole hill IMO.

Yea, you're right. Its really not a big deal, but just thought it was interesting and curious if this was normal and what others thought. I rarely go shopping with the wife let alone follow her to dressing room, I just didn't think what I did was such a big deal for the associate to freak out and demand me to remove my self immediately.

Last edited:

Riddla

It's for your own protection
Established Member
Still waiting on pics of said wife in the black dress...

scott9050

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
Hah, it crosses my mind to have a quickie with my wife in a lot of places, including, yes that moment in the dressing room.

Considering that the inside of store dressing rooms are under recorded surveillance by loss prevention (tapes destroyed daily or weekly), that might be a bad idea.

Zemedici

Established Member
Considering that the inside of store dressing rooms are under recorded surveillance by loss prevention (tapes destroyed daily or weekly), that might be a bad idea.

or a great one.

I would think they'd only be on the entrances/exits. Cameras in the stalls seems like invasion of privacy imo, like a camera in a toilet cubicle.

Last edited:

ElscottHavoc

It's all your fault.
Established Member
Wait a minute...so I can't be in a dressing room with my wife because other women will be uncomfortable, but they have ****ing eyes in the sky peering in?!

Hah, it crosses my mind to have a quickie with my wife in a lot of places, including, yes that moment in the dressing room.

ElscottHavoc

It's all your fault.
Established Member
Still waiting on pics of said wife in the black dress...

I assure, once I get home I will work on this. I don't know if we ever got a pic at the wedding reception, so perhaps I will convince the wife to wear it out on the town this weekend.

Users who are viewing this thread