Kicked out of dressing room helping my wife - opinions.

ElscottHavoc

It's all your fault.
Established Member
My wife decided she wanted a new outfit - specifically another little black dress and heels.

Sparing you the long awful details, I wanted to see what people thought (justified or not, appropriate or not, etc) on what occurred at JCP, which was about the 3rd store we went to. My wife had chosen 6 or so dresses to try on and we walked back to the dressing rooms.

As most of you may know from helping your wives/gf, these dresses are nearly impossible for ladies to zip up alone since the zipper runs from the low back to the neck - so my job was to simply sit down in the dressing room with my wife, zip and unzip her dresses, help maneuver in/out of those that didn't fit good, and just give my opinions (in fact I was mostly quiet with the exception of the occasional opinion on the dress)...and that's exactly what I did up until I hear a knock on the door.

"Sir, I need you to remove yourself from the dressing room."

"Just a moment," I said "My wife is still partially undressed, I'm just helping her with her outfits".

"Sir, I need you to come out immediately. Some other women may find this uncomfortable."

Meanwhile, in just her bra and panties, my wife scootches to the side and shoos me away fearing it'll escalate. I shake my head and leave.

Then the lady smiles and says "I'm sorry sir, I just can't have you back here. Some ladies might find it uncomfortable."

So, I start to explain I was simply trying to help my wife get into the dresses which are impossible to zip up by herself, that the rooms are completely private (I couldn't spy on anyone if I wanted to), and that perhaps my wife found it uncomfortable to have to walk 20' from the dressing room to the retail area with her dress unzipped (she doesn't but I was attempting to make a point). She said an associate would be more than happy to help her zip the outfits - well none were around when we got back there, otherwise I'm sure they would have stopped by to begin with.

I lost my ability to really put up an argument in my anger, but in hind sight, I'm thinking its really flawed logic. Its basically an enclosed room, no different than me standing inside any other room a lady might be naked in next door - doesn't mean I can see in. They have a women a restroom directly beside a men's restroom, also divided by a single wall - what's the difference? And why is it that its uncomfortable for men to be there, but I'm assuming they don't screen women to check if they're lesbian or not. What if we saw a lesbian couple back there, I bet we wouldnt be able to request their removal. Surely, any obvious butch headed lesbo should be banned from that area too. And who's to say my wife not just as uncomfortable with having a random lady zip her dress as anyone else is to having a male in a neighboring stall.

Furthermore, we may have been in the women's section, but there are no signs saying "no men in dressing rooms" and in fact besides being in the women's section, the dressing rooms are just generically titled. Perhaps other stores or a bit more modern than JCP or Von Maur, but you go to Express and the changing rooms are right there to see with doors 24" off the ground and open to the ceiling.

We weren't doing anything hanky panky, no giggling, nothing sexual at all - I just helped my wife zip up dresses and give opinions on the outfit saving her a long walk.

What do you think? Was the store appropriate or is it just a stupid rule?

Posted via Topify on Android

Last edited:

Led_Zep

Don't tread on me
Established Member
Eh, I've hooked up with a girl in a dressing room a few years back and was caught just as we were finishing so didn't know what actually happened. I totally understand their view LOL.

VegasMichael

Established Member
Some stores have fitting rooms that are used by both men and women at the same time. I don't have a problem with what you did but maybe they have had problems in the past.

HudsonFalcon

Established Member
If anytime during helping your wife with her dresses you got a boner you're guilty and they were justified in removing you.

Zemedici

Established Member
had the same shit when my girl was trying on club dresses, she took 5 back to try on, and instead of trying it on, walking 50' to show me (where the closes possible object to sit on was), i just went in with her. Had 2 associates say 'sir you cant do that' as we were leaving the dressing rooms.

Kind of childish mindset they have, the walls are tall, and oh god, I may see some bitches cankles. mmmm cankles. Not.

ElscottHavoc

It's all your fault.
Established Member
^exactly...and even if I had a foot fetish (I don't), the door went all the way to the floor and the walls all the way to the ceiling.

VirtualSVT

lolololololololololol
Established Member
Well I know what's happened when I've gone into dressing rooms with my other half so I completely understand their view lol

End of the day who cares?

wht93gted

Established Member
how did we get this far with no "pics of wife or gtfo"?

Anyway, it's stupid, you were fine. I do the same thing with my wife. It's just a dumb store with a dumb no tolerance policy that doesn't make sense.
They don't want their store employees to have to decide when it's appropriate to kick someone out, so they just make a blanket rule of "no men allowed." It's not like the stalls are shared between women, like a gym locker room, so you should be able to be in there.

ElscottHavoc

It's all your fault.
Established Member
Oh yeah, I'll see if I can make a pic happen - but it'll take me some time. I don't know if we ever got a pic of her at the wedding we attendes in the dress she bought. Maybe I can talk her into wearing it this weekend.

kevinatfms

Ex-Ford/Kia/Hyundai Tech
Established Member
Premium Member
Meh, go grab an Auntie Anne's Cinnamon Pretzel and sit down right outside the door. This is what i normally do. When she needs a zip she opens the door and i zip it up for her. No need to sit inside. Lesson learned that lots of people have sex in JCP's dressing rooms.

cobra_4

#PITS
Established Member
Bass pro? Magazine rack? Electronics store? Gotta be some place better to be than anywhere close to the dressing room :shrug:

ssssnake

Established Member
Sorry guys. I would not want men in the dressing room while I'm trying on clothes. Most of them are not private - curtains that don't close all the way, shuttered doors that only cover the minimum and don't shut properly. She can walk out and let you help her button or zip. Actually, that's what sales people are for.

jbs$

Established Member
Gentlemen, one of the requirement for having a good marriage, a happy relationship and a little happy surprise from time to time is to give each other a little space. She wants to make her own decision, then, maybe ask what you think. If you have a brain cell left, you answer in the positive.

ElscottHavoc

It's all your fault.
Established Member
To clarify, she specifically requested to come to the dressing room with her. There were no sales people in sight at the time and she specifically wanted my opinion on the dress. Unfortunately, we had a wedding the next day for which she procrastinated deciding she wanted a new outfit, so time was of the essence. I was more than happy to sit outside at Von Maur (where she finally bought a dress), but they also had full service associates to help zip up, grab other sizes, etc.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread