keyless entry pad

scooterposse

FRRRRRRRRRUNKIS
Established Member
i seen and talked to a guy today at a stoplight that had a 04 cobra and noticed something i have never seen on a cobra, a factory ford keyless entry pad. was this an option? after market? dealer install? anyone else seen this before?

kameleongt

Established Member
i had one my buddy from ford put I used it as a safety measure and put it inbetween the lic plate frame lights. works great for leaving keys and everything int he car then coming to it and unlocking door/s, trunk it works wireless'ly and is programmable to any fords that have automatic door locks and trunk.

MLMike25

Established Member
Actually, I remember seeing pics a while back of a guy who bought a used Terminator and it had the keyless entry piece on the driver's side door. Most people agreed that it needed to be removed. Just didn't look right.

Sniperdog

Less than Premium Member
Established Member
i had one my buddy from ford put I used it as a safety measure and put it inbetween the lic plate frame lights. works great for leaving keys and everything int he car then coming to it and unlocking door/s, trunk it works wireless'ly and is programmable to any fords that have automatic door locks and trunk.

I like that :thumbsup:

greengt88

Established Member
Steeda used to sell them years back....I always wanted one. Between license lights is a great spot. U'd never see it.

Y2k4cobra

Bohemian Bandit II
Established Member
I remember people putting them on the black platic cowls by the windshield on our cars back in 04-07.

scooterposse

FRRRRRRRRRUNKIS
Established Member
a very good idea:rockon:

Actually, I remember seeing pics a while back of a guy who bought a used Terminator and it had the keyless entry piece on the driver's side door. Most people agreed that it needed to be removed. Just didn't look right.

yea dealers or aftermarket, I am sure it looks horrid if on the door either way

yeah it didnt look right at all.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Good idea but I agree it is best installed where it can't really be seen. If it had been a factory option IMO it would look fine. But a stick on pad over the factory handle, no.

ArthurJGuy

Cinema Stang
Established Member

Pics?

black 10th vert

Established Member
I would love to get one of these for my car, as long as I could mount it in an obscure location (like under the trunk lid). I have the factory keypad that is built right into the door of my 2000 Explorer, and it is the best feature ever! I love not having to ever worry about losing keys, or getting locked out (I just hide the keys in the car). I loved it so much that I installed a keypad entry on my house too! I gave each of the kids their own individual codes, and if we have a guest, I can make up a code for them, then delete it when they leave. Nice not having to worry about kids losing keys, and having them float around town. If I could find a stealthy way to mount this on my Terminator, I wouldn't hesitate!

Users who are viewing this thread