Keyfob battery

MouTine

Established Member
Anybody know what kind of battery there are? Type code? Anything I should know when replaceing new battery

Cookieman00x

Drunk Again.
Established Member
Pull the cover off, get the number off the battery and buy them on ebay. I think I ordered 5 batteries for about $10 on EBay. ( I have a few fords that used the same betteries)

You can also pick them up in the camera section of bestbuy or radio shack. for a couple bucks each.

I think they were something like a CR2032

Last edited:

MouTine

Established Member
So... I don't need to code it into system again after battery had been off?

CR2032, large and slim. That's what I wantted to know. Thank you! Luckily the type of battery is same that used in my other aftermarket alarm systems, so I do have few of these in carage. Thanks anyways.

Last edited:

Wynn

Wants 11's
Established Member
When my GFs Ranger's key fob battery died, I had to reprogram it for her. I read in the manual and it said to turn the ignition on/off/on/off a total of 8 times, then hit the unlock button or something crazy like that. That was how you programed the key fob.

Read in the owner's manual how to do it, but I bet it's the same... on/ off 8 times then unlock on the key fob.

And yeah, just take your keys into a hardware store/ radio shack/ wal-mart or something and get the right battery. We used to sell them at the Ace Hardware I worked at in high school all the time.

crash549

kill whitey
Established Member
i just went to wal-mart and got them to pop it open. they have watch batteries in the jewelry section that will fit.

birdman941

Illiterate Proofreader
Established Member
The grocery store might even have them.
Mine does.
Normally you do not have to reprogram them after battery replacement.

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
Guys, I've replaced mine with 2 different brands. They are both a fraction thicker than the oem battery, at the case doesn't snap shut on all 4 corners. Anyone else encounter this issue?

Cookieman00x

Drunk Again.
Established Member
On my explorer remote I did... I put a tiny dab of superglue on each corner so I can still open it but its sealed enough it wont open by itself.

Users who are viewing this thread