Kenny Brown Aluminum IRS Bushings

Cobie03

Established Member
Has anyone had any experience with them? Do they fit ok and do they really eliminate wheelhop as opposed to the polyurethane bushings? Are they worth the $$ and how does the car ride with them installed. Thanks :beer:

BlueStripe

Bad Ass with Class
Established Member
I'm about to install the Maximum Motorsport diff bushings, I'll have feedback on them shortly.

chuckstang

Established Member
I may put the KB aluminum ones in on tuesday, Ill get back to you, but Id like to know before I do it if they are any good?

chuckstang

Established Member
well i just had the kb aluminum differential bushings put on my car, and i do not notice any harshness of ride or more noise. I will report back on how it handles wheel hop, I havent gotten on it yet with them because of bad wheather...all i had was wheel spin

99COBRA2881

Piss on Fox Sports1
Established Member
The problem with the KB bushings is the fact that they only solve part of the problem. The kit has the front bushings but KB totally omitted the rear bushing on the diff cover. Without this the aluminum KB bushings hold the front of the diff but the stock rear rubber bushing is just as pliable as before. Wheel hop may be reduced somewhat but as long as the stock rear rubber bushing is retained wheel hop is still a problem. I also have the MM kit. Very nice peices. I dont have them installed yet but the machine work is top notch on the rear bushing. The kit also allows the front of the diff to be shimmed up to match the engine/driveline angle. Usually the diff is at 1* nose down and the engine is at 3-4 nose up. The diff should be 3-4* nose up also. Anthony

chuckstang

Established Member
dam good info, I had a gear install with these aluminum differential bushings and I do have some vibs on the highway and some noise but I think it is the gears and not the bushings. people just said had no way should aluminum bushings be used on the street but they seem ok to me

no_slow_svt

2 wheeled dork
Established Member
i have them and like them.
tons of people use them on the street with no problem.
it does help wheel hop also.
I still get a little wheel hop at the track when warming my tires but that is all.
J

Double"O"

N2S come get some
Established Member
Hmmm i need to install my KB bushing and KB IRS brace one of these days before i store the cobra for the winter

I have had then since June

chuckstang

Established Member
I have liked the aluminum differential bushings so far but it seems to have affected my handling but Im not sure how to describe it...probably just crazy ...I have only had them on for a few days

Users who are viewing this thread