Kenny Bell... Who should I go to?

golfprowanabe

Established Member
Ok guys I'm thinking of getting a 2.6 Kenny Bell blower. I live in the Tampa area so who do you think I should go to? What kind of price should I expect with installation. I currently have 440 HP and want to be over 600 when it's all said and done.
thanks in advance!

Silverboost

Established Member
If you are somewhat mechanically inclined I would say do it yourself or see if any other local Mustang guys who have done it can help. Do you have all the supporting mods to go with the 2.6?

golfprowanabe

Established Member
I am mechanically inclined and had thought about doing it myself. What are all the supporting mods neccessary to go with the 2.6? I can imagine a BAP and 60lbs injectors. When all is said and done, roughly how much should I have spent?

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
I am mechanically inclined and had thought about doing it myself. What are all the supporting mods neccessary to go with the 2.6? I can imagine a BAP and 60lbs injectors. When all is said and done, roughly how much should I have spent?

I`m thinking $4-6K depending on how you do it!

08snake

Formerly 03snake
Established Member
Another shop you might try is S&R performance right off Linebaugh. They are in process of doing a 2.8 KB GT500.....Good tuning also.

Predatorbird

Established Member
Another shop you might try is S&R performance right off Linebaugh. They are in process of doing a 2.8 KB GT500.....Good tuning also.

+1 for S&R Performance. I've never delt with them personally, but my friend has a TT 350Z that he plans to use them to build up his motor in the future. He sent me a pic from his phone with a GT500 on the dyno and a KB Mach 1 next to it.

Silverboost

Established Member

60lb injectors ($350 to $400)
KB Bap ($250ish)
Mafia or Maftexder or SCT BA2600 Mass Air Meter ( I chose the Maftextender it's cheap and works great)
New belt
and a custom tune ($500)

Do the swap yourself. It is not really bad at all. There is a good wirte up in the terminator section on how to do a remove and install. Just make sure that you don't torque the lower intake bolts to the specs in the writeup. They aren't correct and I can't remember the torque specs off the top of my head. You might as well go ahead and delete the egr as well. It will clean up the underside of your hood real nice.

golfprowanabe

Established Member
60lb injectors ($350 to $400)
KB Bap ($250ish)
Mafia or Maftexder or SCT BA2600 Mass Air Meter ( I chose the Maftextender it's cheap and works great)
New belt
and a custom tune ($500)

Do the swap yourself. It is not really bad at all. There is a good wirte up in the terminator section on how to do a remove and install. Just make sure that you don't torque the lower intake bolts to the specs in the writeup. They aren't correct and I can't remember the torque specs off the top of my head. You might as well go ahead and delete the egr as well. It will clean up the underside of your hood real nice.

This sounds cool. I'll look for the install writeup.
I was on the KB website and seen their 2.6H for $2399 Polished. Then I look up their kit...
3349.00 12-24 PSI UPGRADE KIT ('03-'04 COBRA) SWITCH CHIP & BOOST-A-PUMP OPTIONAL, 2.6H (SEE NOTE BELOW)
Add $249 for BOOST-A-PUMP (highly recommended) & $299 for SWITCH CHIP (ADDITIONAL PULLEYS $69 EACH)

I don't get it. :shrug: The kit is just the charger with the addition of a switch chip and BAP, but yet it says these are extras?
What should I purchase?

Silverboost

Established Member
This sounds cool. I'll look for the install writeup.
I was on the KB website and seen their 2.6H for $2399 Polished. Then I look up their kit...
3349.00 12-24 PSI UPGRADE KIT ('03-'04 COBRA) SWITCH CHIP & BOOST-A-PUMP OPTIONAL, 2.6H (SEE NOTE BELOW)
Add $249 for BOOST-A-PUMP (highly recommended) & $299 for SWITCH CHIP (ADDITIONAL PULLEYS $69 EACH)

I don't get it. :shrug: The kit is just the charger with the addition of a switch chip and BAP, but yet it says these are extras?
What should I purchase?

I think the 2399 kit is just the blower without anything else. When i mean anything else is that it doesn't come with the inlet. I wouldn't get the switch chip from them. I would call up Justin @VMP and have him hook you up with a custom dyno tune. He does excellent work.

GetBlown2k3

Established Member
Hermann's mechanic is still down here, he does all of my work out of his residence, awesome guy. did a full rebuild on my leaking 2.2 and runs like a top. PM me if you want his info. He's right in Riverview/Brandon area off of 301.

Users who are viewing this thread