Kenne bell

jays03cobra

Established Member
Hey guys, just bought this 03' SB vert Saturday. Only has 17k on it and a buttload of mods. It has a 2.8 kb. Judging by what I see everyone's rwhp ratings at on here.....should I be getting more out of this? The owner of the shop went for a ride with me and stated he wasn't really sure if it felt like 677 yet all the dyno runs given to me clearly state it does. Just seems like a big blower to not be pushing more.

blackedout06

Established Member

03svtcobracoupe

Established Member
That seems accurate for that blower on 93. That is about where I'm at with good fuel or a built motor it will be into the 700s. Try to find out more information about it or have it retuned . You don't want to be driving around on a "race " tune on 93

jays03cobra

Established Member
FS/FT: (For Sale or Trade) CT: 2003 Sonic Blue Cobra vert | 16k miles | 677 hp | KB 2.8L - NASIOC

Here's a link to the mods. Only thing I found wrong was possible plugs. Hesitates just a little at WOT. Alternator pulley is stock, so I'm having it changed. Pretty much going through the car. Gonna dyno and possibly retune but a/f was spot on.

Edit....absolutely hate the ram clutch. I'm told its probably a single disc, ceramic. It is very hard to just ease through traffic of any kind. Just feels clunky. I'm told a twin plate is like driving on a stock clutch. Any truth to This?

Last edited:

03svtcobracoupe

Established Member
FS/FT: (For Sale or Trade) CT: 2003 Sonic Blue Cobra vert | 16k miles | 677 hp | KB 2.8L - NASIOC

Here's a link to the mods. Only thing I found wrong was possible plugs. Hesitates just a little at WOT. Alternator pulley is stock, so I'm having it changed. Pretty much going through the car. Gonna dyno and possibly retune but a/f was spot on.

Edit....absolutely hate the ram clutch. I'm told its probably a single disc, ceramic. It is very hard to just ease through traffic of any kind. Just feels clunky. I'm told a twin plate is like driving on a stock clutch. Any truth to This?

I have a promotion performance clutch and love it. Less then 1/2 the price of a twin disk

jays03cobra

Established Member
Lol I also found out today that the car was dynoed on a dynojet......:cuss:

I'm so disappointed now. So 12% puts me somewhere around 600 maybe. I don't know but for all the shit done to this that seems low with a 2.8. He used a sct tuner map. I think at this point I need to consider having it custom tuned on Tuesday. There's gotta be an xtra 50 Hp in there.:shrug:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I can't offer you expert advice, but I would definitely consider a custom tune if you're unsure of the tune you've got. At least a good tuner should be able to milk out as much s possible. And you'll know you've got an optimal tune. Who would you have do the custom tune?

Silverboost

Established Member
Lol I also found out today that the car was dynoed on a dynojet......:cuss:

I'm so disappointed now. So 12% puts me somewhere around 600 maybe. I don't know but for all the shit done to this that seems low with a 2.8. He used a sct tuner map. I think at this point I need to consider having it custom tuned on Tuesday. There's gotta be an xtra 50 Hp in there.:shrug:

I don't understand why you are upset. Was there a preferred dyno that you would rather have been used? To get 677 rwhp on a 93 tune is going to be tough without having it tuned on the ragged edge even with the KB 2.8. It would need the mammoth intake, cams, long tubes, and even still an aggressive tune on 93. Now with race gas or E85 with 20+ lbs of boost you can crack 677 rwhp no problem.

mp23

Established Member
I don't understand why you are upset. Was there a preferred dyno that you would rather have been used? To get 677 rwhp on a 93 tune is going to be tough without having it tuned on the ragged edge even with the KB 2.8. It would need the mammoth intake, cams, long tubes, and even still an aggressive tune on 93. Now with race gas or E85 with 20+ lbs of boost you can crack 677 rwhp no problem.

I agree, Im at 630-650 rwhp with the mods you mentioned. IF its readily available I would do the E85 tune. OP just drive it and have fun, there are not a whole lot of cars you are going to line up against that should scare you.

rudycobra

Established Member
Wat boost ? I made 672 on pump and 1 can torco at 22 lbs with behemoth inlet 692 race fuel same boost . I'd get it retuned

jays03cobra

Established Member
Well from what I'm told the car has 20#s of boost. I do have upgraded internals. I don't have the mammoth but I still feel as though the sct tune isn't good enough for these cars. I've never been a fan of ots tuners. Custom gets you better results.

With that said ill just pay the xtra bucks on Tuesday and have him wipe the sct tune and customize it. This is going to be my show car as there aren't many of these around in RI. I need everything running perfect.

Users who are viewing this thread