Kenne Bell SC Removal Q

SRBCitrusCobra17

Established Member
Hello, I am pulling the SC/Intake as part of an engine removal and have most of the electrical and vacuum disconnected. It seems you want to separate the SC/Intercooler from the intake before removing all of it. This approach is documented in the installation manual which I have but some of the steps are a little vague to say the least. The fuel rail is in the way of the SC bolts and there is little clearance under the SC intake to remove the fuel rail from the intake. Also accessing the passenger side back injector connector seems impossible with the SC attached to the Intake. Maybe I am missing something here. For those who have done this is there a trick to this? Thanks in advance.

03' White Snake

Established Member
Leave lower intake attached to the blower. Remove the front intercooler attachment, pull out the 2 tubes with the O-rings on it. Unbolt the lower from the heads. Lift it out on an angle, the snout goes up first.

098BA7DA-F395-4563-973B-3B7B0C46B764.jpeg

SRBCitrusCobra17

Established Member
Thanks I pulled it today. I did not remove the intercooler manifold from the front. Was a little tricky getting it out due to the weight. Two of us lifted it out. Separating the SC from the manifold seems like a catch 22. Fuel rail is in the way, and there is no clearance under the intake side to remove the fuel rail from the injector, back one passenger side.

Users who are viewing this thread