Kenne Bell owners in here

jumpincactus

Warriors come out to play
Established Member
Ok guys I had been waiting to see how the 03's were handling all the extra boost and HP gains with the KB SC. How are your steeds holding up? I have not been around the forum for a while.
Have any of you guys had any probs with the KB setup as far as engine failures/grenading etc.

I'm not looking for input on installation issues or anythng like that. Only serious side effects. I'm getting ready to do the deal and would like to know if this is still the way to go............... Thx

coleman

Established Member
yes, a few of us have had problems. but at least in my case, it was preventable. my boost/vaccuum line came off and let me run lean.

i'm getting a new stroker & will do everything i can to prevent it from happening again :cryying:

08snake

Formerly 03snake
Established Member
I've had mine going on 5 months now with no issues except not being able to get rid of the $hit eating grin I get when I mash the throttle!!!:D

Xplicit

Su Corazón
Established Member
Just turned over 8,000 miles after 1 year and about 6,000 of it with the KB on :thumbsup:

stangfreak

Established Member
thats it, i can;t take it anymore im buying one. i tried to keep the speed demon within me in check, but i can't. AM I CRAZY???? OR IS THIS NORMAL FOR A 03 OWNER? :rockon:

Shadowgray03

Snake Charmer
Established Member
6k miles on my car with the KB@17psi and no problems. Still running stock injectors but will be switching them out for 55's and focus fuel pumps come spring. STock clutch slips when I drop the hammer but is holding up surprisingly well otherwise. I plan on a mcleod twin disk and a 26 spline input shaft come spring as well.

NightEnforcer

Established Member
KB

2K with the KB at 19 PSI, 55 LB injectors. Runs great. Besides a good tune, I would suggest if you get a KB that you also purchase a fuel pressure gauge and a quality wideband A/F gauge. You may have to drop one to two steps cooler in a plug to help insure that detonation does not get you. Plan on checking your plugs often for signs of detonation. You are stepping up to a new level of performance and need to monitor the engine at that level.

NightEnforcer

Established Member
HP By Herman supplied an "off the shelf" tune. His tune works very well. I dynoed at 573 RWHP on 91 octane boosted to about 93-95 octane. I could probably manage 15-25 more horse power if I had a custom/dyno tune done. I am planning on doing that, sometime after the first of the year.

Users who are viewing this thread