Kenne Bell on a stock block?

InS0mNiAc

Just call me Lucifer
Established Member
Whats your opinion on running a kenne bell on the stock block? What kind of tune/boost to run. Keep in mind this will be in southern california where we only get 91 octane (soon to be at 3.00 a gallon :eek: )I have a chance to pick up a 2 month old KB at an awesome price along with a lot of other goodies I would eventually down the line want to get.:rockon: Any opinions or suggestions are welcome, thanks guys :thumbsup:

LIGHTNING LARRY

Retired
Super Moderator
I'm doing it. I'm not going to turn up the boost. 14-15 lbs max till I buy or biuld an engine. Keep the tune mild for our shitty 91 octane and you should be fine.

IZBLOWN

Like LL said, you should be fine on about 15lbs, i ran that with a conservative tune for 6 months with no problems. You guys can only get 91 at the pump? Man! Out here in PA we can get 94 at the pump, and some sunocos have a 100 octane pump, granted its $4 a gallon, you are better off buying a 55gallon drum of race fuel!

Anthony

klrsvt

KB Blown
Established Member
stock block I ran A diablo chip tuned by paul at razorsedge motor sports a 6lb pulley, single blade throttle body, 90mm mass air and a cold air intake at 18lbs. of boost, ran fine on the street but the first run down the track ka boom blew one piston compleatly apart and wedged another at a 22 degree angle in the cylinder. Take my opinion 20lbs. I beleave is way to much for a stock block

ITHAULS

GIT'R DUN
Established Member
Originally posted by esqeddy
I spoke with the guys at REM and they say that up to 20 lbs. boost isn't a problem for the stock block.
Stock block , yes. Stock rods and pistons? Not for long. InSOmNiAc, if you have a stock bottom end, listen to LL.

latemodelracer2

Boosted Beyond bolt ons
Established Member
One of the local L owners/friend has a 10lb lower on his L with a ported eaton. Ive ridden in his truck and watched it peg the Autometer gauge at 20psi

ITHAULS

GIT'R DUN
Established Member
Originally posted by latemodelracer2
One of the local L owners/friend has a 10lb lower on his L with a ported eaton. Ive ridden in his truck and watched it peg the Autometer gauge at 20psi
Just wait 'til August.:)

ITHAULS

GIT'R DUN
Established Member
Originally posted by latemodelracer2
What you got up your sleeve? I want to do a built motor and tranny but dont know whos trustable around here to do the install.
I'm trying to concentrate on gettin' my Mustang running again right now. I will eventually build the bottom end in the L. I'll either trust it to my buddy in Huntsville (Deron Shady at Shady Automotive), or just order one from JDM. As far as the trans goes, since I'm the manager of a transmission shop, I'll probably wait 'til it breaks and deal with it then. It sounds like Level 10 really has their stuff together, so I'd probably buy the parts from them and have them go through it at work.

latemodelracer2

Boosted Beyond bolt ons
Established Member
I think i will end up buying a short block from JDM and putting it in myself. But i would have to use the heads and some stuff off my old motor and i really dont know much about that but you gotta learn somehwhere. I will be out of school in MAY so the L will probley get a built motor this summer.

Could you check on how much they would charge me to install a monster box kit at your work?

Last edited:

SnakeBite98

HIGH-REV HORROR
Established Member
where the hell can you find 93 and 100?????? is it nor cal or what. down here in so cal we can't get above 91.

Users who are viewing this thread