Kenne Bell Mammoth vs. Whipple 3.4

Which would you rather run

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Jroc

Established Member
First I would just like to say that I have no byiest to either brand. I think both companies make great blowers that do pretty much the same thing. As far as which one I'll eventually get it really doesn't matter to me I just want one. I will probably get one of their lesser kits.(regular 2.8H - W140ax) The reason I'm asking this is I've never seen it discussed on here before.(If it has already then sorry)

Which do you think is the better blower for the frequent racer as thats who I believe these kits appeal more to? Which will make more power at any given psi?(13, 17, 21, 25, etc) Do we have much info on the Mammoth? I haven't seen too many people on the forums running them. Isn't the Mammoth kind of expensive? I wonder why KB went with a dual bladed TB instead of a single bladed TB? I wish one of the Mustang magazines would do a comparison between the two.

I just really want to heard y'alls opinions of the two blowers.

Last edited:

P49Y-CY

fomocomofo
Established Member
i didnt vote cuz i have no idea at this point

but is it or is it not true that you need a new hood with the 3.4 whipple, but the kb mammoth would fit under the stock hood?

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
If you're running a 3.5" pulley with a stock hood you can trim the center brace or lower the K-member.

Per Derrick @ Lethal Performance (Carbd86GT)

You have to use new Fuel Rails and then a FRPS relocation kit for $29.

Last edited:

racerat

200+mph Boss-O-Matic!
Established Member
I chose this one.

mam5.jpg

mam1.jpg

Fat-cat

Established Member
I would take the whipple ... inlet is nicer and you dont have to relocate the battery to the other side of the car.. K member spacers are minor .. the KB is a nice piece as well

Jroc

Established Member
I chose this one.

mam5.jpg

mam1.jpg

That is very badarse looking! :bowdown:

How much are the Mammoth kits if you don't mind me asking? :beer:

Also I was wondering if a Mod could edit the poll for me? In the third option I wrote, "Either one it, does matter to me." What I ment to write was, "Either one, it doesn't matter to me." :bash:

Jroc

Established Member
If you're running a 3.5" pulley with a stock hood you can trim the center brace or lower the K-member.

Per Derrick @ Lethal Performance (Carbd86GT)

You have to use new Fuel Rails and then a FRPS relocation kit for $29.

I think if I was going to spend the money on one of these bad boys I would "UPGRADE" to a return style fuel system. Thats my opinion though. :beer:

Lethal had a very nice looking return style fuel system kit that I have deside to get when I upgrade to a screw blower. I already have some 60's. :rockon:

http://www.lethalperformance.com/pa...nce-03-04-cobra-return-style-fuel-system.html

midtex01gt

Established Member
All I know is that my next terminator will have one of these blowers under the hood!

I am slightly leaning toward a 3.4 Whipple, but I shall see what is out there to be bought when I am ready...

04torchred

Established Member
Whipple 3.4 for me. And going off Racerats price of $6069 you can get a 3.4 Whipple, enlarge your own inlet and still have money in the bank to the tune of over $1500.

IMG_1456.jpg

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
^Holy Cow that's a beaut! You going to eventually get a larger IC resevoir?

black03

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor

Users who are viewing this thread