kenne bell kit for 99 cobra

Taz

Established Member
And some people some want over the top power either? I know a few people that would love to have something like that and would never upgrade. I say if it is something that you want to do and something that you don't plan on upgrading because you are happy with it then do it.

I guess I am one of those people you are talking about. I have been running the little KB kit on my stock bottom end since '04, and I have been nothing but happy with it. Mine isn't even the new 2.1L, it's the original 1.7L, and it has done a great job for me.

I started out with an 8 psi pulley, and put down 433 SAE RWHP at that boost level. But I have been running 9 psi at 462 RWHP for a while now. At this power, the car has plenty enough grunt to suit me. On the street, it is traction limited with 3.73 gears and street radials. I drive it at open track and autocross events, but I'm not a quarter-miler. Its power is just right for me in those venues, and it's a blast to drive, both at the track and on the street.

Bottom line: I'm putting down about what the average Terminator is - not what the crazy horsepower freaks are making, but the saner folks who aren't looking for 9's or better in the 1320. I may eventually turn up the heat a little if/when the bottom end ever needs a rebuild, but I certainly am not lying awake nights fantasizing about making a lot more power. As long this bottom end doesn't develop an issue, I'm done adding power.

:coolman:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread