Kenne Bell Boost-a-Spark

Oxford Snake

Established Member
maybe from personal experience. but not 100% correct. there are a lot of people who have no issues. I was one of them.

I agree, the BAS is really not needed.

There are just as many people that had the same issues with spark blow out, etc. One of the best turbo tuners in the country told me they are junk as well.

Juiced46

I love being Blown
Established Member
Of course we are, we both have the name Dave.

lol

maybe from personal experience. but not 100% correct. there are a lot of people who have no issues. I was one of them.

I agree, the BAS is really not needed.

True, some people have had good luck with them, but from what I have seen there have been more issues with it then good. The COP system in our cars is actually a very stout system and works extremely well.

If the car is setup properly. Proper tune, proper plugs and they are gapped CORRECTY. This is a big issue for people who do not know how to gap plugs properly. Then there will be no spark blow out issues. Ive ran up to 24psi on my setup with no blowout. Ive built other cars well into the 700-mid 800rwhp up to over 26psi with no issues using stock COPs and no BAS.

Ive also seen issues with aftermarket COPs. Friend of mine had his bolt on 03 Cobra on the dyno with aftermarket cops. Wont mention the name of the COPs. Car was way down on power and breaking up bad. Luckily he brought a set of stock COPs with him. Slapped those in while on the dyno cleared the car right up and ran great.

TRBO VNM

I agree, the aftermarket COP's probably are not needed like the BAS, but from what I have seen on the boards, a lot less complaints compared to the number sold. I know they can have and cause their own problems and has been documented.

either way, to each their own. I will probably be running them when I start making more power. and force that well known turbo tuner to tune my car..lol

Users who are viewing this thread