Kenne Bell 2.8L Dyno numbers

BuffDigits

Bling - Bling
Established Member
actually for 15 psi thats not all that bad really. but you can push it a bit more even on 91 octane. can go to 17psi and keep the timing low if your still concerned. but getting a blower like that is a bit overkill unless you get it up to at least 17 to 19psi otherwise it wasnt money well spent, could have gone a bit cheaper and gotten the same results.

but hey, in the end if your happy and satisfied with the results thats all that matters :)

Duran

Matador
Established Member
According to Kenne Bell when I talked to them last week. They stated the KB 2.8 makes more power due to the High Boost level it can achieve with the large Bore casing over all the other blowers like the 2.6, 2.4, 2.2. They did also state that the 2.8 blower is made for built motors that can handle alot of boost where the blower shines. So basically what I am saying if you want to stay at a low boost level you should of just bought a smaller blower like the 2.6, 2.4, 2.2.

etfhb

Established Member
are NEW 2.2 2.4's available? i assumed they would be dicontinued with the release of the big bore blowers.

phillySVT

Bang Bang
Established Member
Not to thread jack....but I'm looking @ pushing 19-21 pounds on race gas for the street. I figured the 2.8 would be to much ...since I'm not stroked yet. I was planning on eventually going to a built 5.0. Do you guys think I should stick with the 2.6? The 2.8 is only $300 more. And Why do some KB 2.6 list as "H"?

04torchred

Established Member
phillySVT said:
Not to thread jack....but I'm looking @ pushing 19-21 pounds on race gas for the street. I figured the 2.8 would be to much ...since I'm not stroked yet. I was planning on eventually going to a built 5.0. Do you guys think I should stick with the 2.6? The 2.8 is only $300 more. And Why do some KB 2.6 list as "H"?

The 2.6 is also offered in the "high" pressure discharge model as well. If you plan to run higher boost you might as well get the H model. If you have plans for a bigger motor and more boost I would get the 2.8 model. Although I think the 2.6 will still be able to flow an awful lot as well.

RixSikcobra04

GodStang said:
2.8L is not what you get for Room to grow. You get the 2.6L. If you have a highly modded engine then you get the 2.8L. The 2.8L is for P&P heads, cams, strokers, and LTs. People are losing HP by going to too big and not having an engine that can take advantage of it.

Exactamundo. My car's gettin' a stroker put in(already have cams and most other boltons), I wanted a 2.6.....engine builder said get the 2.8 for this motor to REALLY take advantage...anything less of a motor, you're wastin' your time with the 2.8, though.

Last edited by a moderator:

phillySVT

Bang Bang
Established Member
RixSikCobra said:
Exactamundo. My car's gettin' a stroker put in(already have cams and most other boltons), I wanted a 2.6.....engine builder said get the 2.8 for this motor to REALLY take advantage...anything less of a motor, you're wastin' your time with the 2.8, though.

I think I'll stick with the 2.6....I can alway sell it and get an 2.8 when I do go stroker. Rix who is building you engine?

RixSikcobra04

phillySVT said:
I think I'll stick with the 2.6....I can alway sell it and get an 2.8 when I do go stroker. Rix who is building you engine?

HCI Motorsports in Sacramento Ca. They've done most of the work on my car. Good people and have ALWAYS treated me right. I can't wait for this thing to be built and broken in so I can tune it and let ya'll here know the results.:coolman:

snake134

no one said:
yeah...more boost more power..
i mean this kit should be at least for 17 or 18 psi not less..lol
but i wanted it at 15 psi....

anything more than that will blow up my motor on Cali's sh!tty gas :D

M.I.Q

Why did u wast money on a 2.8 then....might as well have gone with the 2.6

Users who are viewing this thread