Kenne Bell 2.8L Dyno numbers

no one

Ultimate Driving Machine
Established Member
Hello SVT Performance Friends...

i just got 2.8L KB on my 04 Cobra.

the numbers were 555WHP and 497TQ on 15 Pound Of Boost with only 15 DEGREEEEEZZZZZ of timing....

plus it's 91 Octane "California Sh!tty gas" lol
it was tuned and installed by Adam @ ST Motorsports.

i dont want more number cuz this is my daily drive car "i dont want to blow it up" lol

i'll post the dyno sheet photo in the next few hours.

Thank you...
M.I.Q:beer:

Venomous01

Building Boost
Established Member
The 2.8 doesn't have a CARB # does it?!?! I was just wondering if it was legal in Cali.

Those numbers aren't that impressive on the 2.8. I expected higher. 2.8 shows it potential @ high boost I suppose.

no one

Ultimate Driving Machine
Established Member
yeah...more boost more power..
i mean this kit should be at least for 17 or 18 psi not less..lol
but i wanted it at 15 psi....

anything more than that will blow up my motor on Cali's sh!tty gas :D

M.I.Q

Machinator

Banned
I live in cali but I run on race gas exclusively, but my car is not a daily driver so whatever I geuss. Would like to have seen some 21 or 22 pounds of boost with 110 leaded and about 24 degrees total timeing with an a/f of about 12 to 1.
Scott

Venomous01

Building Boost
Established Member
no one said:
yeah...more boost more power..
i mean this kit should be at least for 17 or 18 psi not less..lol
but i wanted it at 15 psi....

anything more than that will blow up my motor on Cali's sh!tty gas :D

M.I.Q
No offense but why get the 2.8 KB then? Especially when it's not legal in Cali (No CARB # and not Smog legal). I made the same power if not a little more then that with my 2.3 Whipple @ 15lbs.:shrug:

TEABG

Banned
Venomous01 said:
No offense but why get the 2.8 KB then? Especially when it's not legal in Cali (No CARB # and not Smog legal). I made the same power if not a little more then that with my 2.3 Whipple @ 15lbs.:shrug:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :read: :read: :read: :eek: +325425435435354654646

TEABG

Banned
no one said:
Hello SVT Performance Friends...

i just got 2.8L KB on my 04 Cobra.

the numbers were 555WHP and 497TQ on 15 Pound Of Boost with only 15 DEGREEEEEZZZZZ of timing....

plus it's 91 Octane "California Sh!tty gas" lol
it was tuned and installed by Adam @ ST Motorsports.

i dont want more number cuz this is my daily drive car "i dont want to blow it up" lol

i'll post the dyno sheet photo in the next few hours.

Thank you...
M.I.Q:beer:

what other mods do you have?? with my Whipple 13 PSI, MF CatBack, K&N FIPK ONLY I put down 540 RHWP 475 RWTQ.

GodStang

Established Member
The 2.8L is the wrong supercharger for you set up by a long shot. You would have gotten alot better numbers from any of the other blowers. People need to understand that just because it is a bigger blower does not mean it is better for their setup.

etfhb

Established Member
i'd like to know which twinscrew application (2.2/2.3/2.4 or 2.6/2.8 @ ~13-15 psi) produces the best snap when you hit the gas. maybe they are basically the same:shrug:, but im assuming the 2.8 will seem sluggish @ lower rpm compared to a 2.3 simply because you are not spinning the 2.8 enough.

in another thread mr. Bell stated that they had started the CARB application process and said it takes months to finish. guess you have until 2010 to worry about smog.

04MystiCobra

Tuning L&M heart
Established Member
There's still positive from installing the 2.8.
Lower intake temps and room to grow when good gas is avaiable.
I'm curious if 15* is all you can get at 15psi with 91 octane. :shrug:

GodStang

Established Member
2.8L is not what you get for Room to grow. You get the 2.6L. If you have a highly modded engine then you get the 2.8L. The 2.8L is for P&P heads, cams, strokers, and LTs. People are losing HP by going to too big and not having an engine that can take advantage of it.

DarkSnake

03 DSG Cobra
Established Member
Lots of good points, but wow!! you are leaving a lot on the table. Should be no problem to run 18-19# boost on 17-18 degrees timing with 91.

Someone asked about pickup on the various KB blowers. Keep in mind the 2.6 and the 2.8 will have less drag than the older blowers at virtually all rpm's my 2.8 gives 600+ ft lbs of rwtq from 2600 rpm to over 6000 rpm!

danny03cobra

Established Member
i run CA 91 octane with 16psi on the ported eaton, and its daily driven. I think you will be ok with 17-18 psi bro.

no one

Ultimate Driving Machine
Established Member
so you mean the engine wont go BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM. lol
really i'm scared to run more boost...
but see the car made this WHP without even trying....
one more question if i run a half 91 octane and half 100 octane is that good? "daily drive"

Cali ppl help me in this

looking for more comments please....

Thank You.... :)

Bullitt4110

Established Member
You can run around 17psi safely on 91 octane. Some do more but from my research and talking to people 17 is the safest MAX. You could also add a few degrees of timing. As long as the tune is safe and the car is getting enough fuel you will be ok, if you stick at around 17, I dont know if you can push it more with the 2.8. I have the 2.3 Whipple.

Venomous01

Building Boost
Established Member
Bullitt4110 said:
You can run around 17psi safely on 91 octane. Some do more but from my research and talking to people 17 is the safest MAX. You could also add a few degrees of timing. As long as the tune is safe and the car is getting enough fuel you will be ok, if you stick at around 17, I dont know if you can push it more with the 2.8. I have the 2.3 Whipple.
+1! 17-18 degrees of timing is what I have been recommended is the max on 91.

Users who are viewing this thread