Wet kit or Dry kit?

• Wet

Votes: 64 73.6%
  • Dry

Votes: 23 26.4%

• Total voters

sprx19

Established Member
If you are going to run a dry shot you have to have a separate tune for when you spray. As, the original poster said he had a flip chip. Wet is really easier since you can tune it with the jets and a wideband instead of paying 400$ for dyno tuning a dry shot. And then buying huge injectors to support 700 hp. Spraying a dry shot on the same tune as your blower runs is just stupid and is why so many guys burn down motors on nitrous.

The problems on a wet shot are when guys spray at too low an rpm. Under 3,000 rpm and you are asking for trouble. This is when you get backfires that blow apart manifolds and start fires. Also, you should have a window switch that only lets it spray from like 3k-6.5k. This way if you miss a shift and hit fuel cut the nitrous doesn't keep spraying. This would be like running an untuned dry shot.

A KB on nitrous on and 03-04 Cobra would be so nasty and with a 100 shot would easily make 700 whp.

Ocho Cinco
Established Member
Thanks for the info. I'd def. get a tune for something like this regardless. And run the proper octane. I dont cheap out of things like that. :beer:
If you are going to run a dry shot you have to have a separate tune for when you spray. As, the original poster said he had a flip chip. Wet is really easier since you can tune it with the jets and a wideband instead of paying 400$ for dyno tuning a dry shot. And then buying huge injectors to support 700 hp. Spraying a dry shot on the same tune as your blower runs is just stupid and is why so many guys burn down motors on nitrous.

The problems on a wet shot are when guys spray at too low an rpm. Under 3,000 rpm and you are asking for trouble. This is when you get backfires that blow apart manifolds and start fires. Also, you should have a window switch that only lets it spray from like 3k-6.5k. This way if you miss a shift and hit fuel cut the nitrous doesn't keep spraying. This would be like running an untuned dry shot.

A KB on nitrous on and 03-04 Cobra would be so nasty and with a 100 shot would easily make 700 whp.

1Quick4.6

Established Member
Back it off to about 15# and spary a 150 wet on that B****. hello instant 700+ of torque

Last edited:

95SC

Banned
Don't run dry shot before the MAF as Ford mafs aren't designed for that.You'll freeze the little wire that's inside the maf and they like to crack after crazy temperature change .I'm running wet kit on mine with NX electronic TPS sensor ,MSD digital window switch and NX bottle warmer.Even 75 shot kicks really nice,I'm going to step up to 125 in spring time.Here is a picture of my glove box mounted nitrous electronics and switches.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread