Kenne Bell 2.2 Gen II

YuGneLrn2Day

Established Member
TVS yes, but the Whipples are fairly cheap. They can be had for $22-2500. I would part with my whipple for $2500 and had a guy lined up but I backed out. I'm going to wait until VMP figures out if they're going to release an EGR equipped TVS before I sell mine. 2.2's sound cool but they're really just billet grenades. Not something I want sitting above my motor.

I'd probably part with mine for $2500 as well, but at the time the KB 2.2 was available for a good price so i went with that. I wouldn't go as far as being a billet grenade, but if you do enough WOT pulls VMP, Whipple, and KB will all get heat soaked unless your running a KC to help minimize that.

03 Indy Cobra

Established Member
Being a member since 05 I must of missed the threads on 2.2's being billet grenades. I had a 2.6H and not a single problem with it. I could see wanting a rebuild on a 2.2 or 2.4 since they havent been made in years and used one might want to freshen it up. As far as them grenading i think thats a bit over board.

Well said. I must of missed these threads also. There's been plenty of people that have run the KB 2.2''s with no issues.

c6zhombre

E85 NutSwinger
Established Member
I'm sure as hell not going to rain on your parade...those little 2.2 kb's sound wicked when they're scream'n! Good luck to the white mamba! :rockon:

Users who are viewing this thread