Keeping Exhaust Tips clean with no cats

gamecock426

TwinTurbo5.0
Established Member
Hey guys, I wanted to open this up to see if anyone has any suggestions on how to keep your Exhaust Tips clean after removing the cats. Prior to removing the cats I only needed to polish them every few months. Now, I am having to polish them every 1-2 weeks to keep them from turning brown. I even just recently went to some black quad tips and even they are turning brown. I'd love to see some suggestions on how to keep them cleaner longer than a week or 2 at a time, other than putting the cats back on!

Thanks guys

-Gary

wolfman311

Established Member
Hey guys, I wanted to open this up to see if anyone has any suggestions on how to keep your Exhaust Tips clean after removing the cats. Prior to removing the cats I only needed to polish them every few months. Now, I am having to polish them every 1-2 weeks to keep them from turning brown. I even just recently went to some black quad tips and even they are turning brown. I'd love to see some suggestions on how to keep them cleaner longer than a week or 2 at a time, other than putting the cats back on!

Thanks guys

-Gary

Running E85 = problem solved

gamecock426

TwinTurbo5.0
Established Member
So I tried the brake cleaner which did nothing. I also repolished them and put some synthetic wax on and that really made them get brown quicker.

I will try the wheel cleaner next.

And also as a side note, with the new flex fuel tune from Lund, looks like I'll be able to try out the e85 solution sooner!

noldevin

Established Member
I wouldn't use wax, the tips get pretty hot without cats. There's not much you can do to prevent it, your cats were getting rid of the crap that's getting on your tips.
You could use E85 or put the cats back on lol.

gamecock426

TwinTurbo5.0
Established Member
Well I am now running e85 so that will fix that problem!

On another note I did try some wheel cleaner on them the other week and by far it was the most effective tool in cleaning them up real quick.

Users who are viewing this thread