Keep overspinning Alt

96cobranick

Established Member
I need a bigger alt pulley but i cant seem to find anyone who sells them for the 96 cobra. I seen that metco sells them for the 03/04 but not for sn95 cobras??

C O 13 R A

Crazy Arms
Established Member
That sounds like your problem. You might want to think about going stock or under drive the pulleys. Negative effects with an under driven belt accessory is low alt charge at idle, low water pump pressure at idle, low power steering pressure at idle. If you don't care about those throw on some UDP and maybe few up one or 2 horseys.

Last edited:

03bluemach

Established Member
i called PA performance and asked a tech.. because i bought a IW 15% overdrive crank pulley and was told be someone on here that i needed to get a 3.2'' ALT. pulley and PA said yeap you do need a different ALT. pulley, IW rep. said that he has'nt heard of any problems with the 10% od pulley , and that the 15% was'nt that big of a step up so it shouldnt be a problem .. but i guess well see what PA comes up with ( said he would call me back with the right size he had to do the math )..

Last edited:

Slow mustang :(
Established Member
2.5 end to end

Hmm, that sounds like the stock size.

It's up to you what you wanna get, but I'd probably suggest the 3.20" (2.95" at the ribs).

The 3.20" is the size that I will be using on mine.

BTW, the 96-01 Cobra uses the same size.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread