Keep or trade ?

CobraG

Established Member
Looking for opinions, I'm thinking about either trading my 2013 Mustang GT for a 2018 GT or putting either a Procharager or Whipple on my 13.
I bought my 2013 with full exhaust already, it has approximately 25K miles, I'm not sure though, I haven't driven it in 4 months. I do still owe on it, I may be about 1K upside down, at least that's what it looks like according to KBB. I'm guessing it'll cost around 10K to put a s/c on it, from start to finish, install, tune etc. Is that a good ball park # to have a s/c installed?
Or
Trade it for a new 2018 with the performance package?

I'm weird when it comes to miles, my wife drove the car on a trip, 1500 miles round trip back in Sep, to make up for that I parked it and it's sat ever since. That's partially why I think get the new car, it'll have little to no mileage. And it'll be newer, I also think about how my 13 is now 5 yrs old and is only going to depreciate in value.

RUgoinup?

We will NEVER forget!
Established Member
If you’re concerned with depreciation the last thing you should do is buy an ‘18 and drive it off the lot. That car’s value will be 20k cheaper next year. So financially you will be giving away your ‘13 for free.

I’d buy a slightly used blower (plenty out there) and ask for install help from the community. If you’re bored with look of your current ‘13, you can sell it private party then pick up a used supercharged S550.

Rct851

Established Member
It’s not depreciating nearly as fast as that new 2018 will immediately off the lot.

Why don’t you enjoy driving the one you already own?

Last edited:

nyuk98GT

Established Member
CobraG,

But the '13 is quite a looker (humma, humma, humma as Jackie Gleason used to say) while the '18 is the homely younger sister.

I agree with the other "keep the '13!" posters. Enjoy modding and driving what you've got.

Chris

Stang Lover

Established Member
Each model is supposed to get better and if it's not then somebody messed up at the drawing board. Technology will always be advancing. Keep it and throw some power at it.

CobraG

Established Member
Thanks for the replies. I see what you mean about being upside down and yet buying a s/c. I'm only assuming I'd be upside down, I have no idea what I'd be offered on a trade. When working with dealerships I assume the low offer.
I haven't been on these forums in some time, these are some interesting replies. I would have guessed the vote would have been to trade for the 2018.
I did take it out yesterday for the first time in months, it was a blast to drive! Anyway, thanks for the replies!

fuelforfire87

Established Member
Odds are even if you get a 2018 you will eventually want to mod it and probably supercharge it as well. That would be way more expensive than keeping the car you have now, pay it off, and then supercharge it. The only way I would consider getting a 2018 or any s550 would be for the handling (IRS and magnaride for 2018) or for the better interior/ creature comforts. The 11-14 S197 still looks the best IMO.

sono

Established Member
keep it!
old school muscle solid rear axle. Also shelby front end. You cant get that in any vehicle in production now period!

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
I'm in the same boat. I love my '13 Roush Stage 3, but a 2018/2019 Corvette Z06/Z07 is very tempting. (Still waiting for the new GT500 to surface. "Patiently". lol)
I say keep your car, build it and enjoy it. Buying a 2018 would be great, but then you're making payments again and probably won't be able to mod until it paid off. If the money isn't an issue, I say go for the 2018.
Good luck OP!

Skitzerman

NE Philly
Established Member
You have one of the best looking Mustangs that Ford ever put into production. It is an excellent platform for performance mods and has a lot of the desirable tech. Pay it off and mod it to your liking, while saving some money for that new Mustang, sometime in the future.

Gruca

Established Member
You can put a Paxton on for less than $7,000 including tune and install (with 1050x injectors and a BAP).

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
There is no way you will come out on top with either choice. What it really comes down to is, are you willing to lose more money and be happy with your car? If you feel that just adding raw power to your car will make you happy then keeping your car and adding a tvs supercharger complete kit would work well. If you feel that your looking for more refined and better handling car with more tech options then getting a 2018 would be a better option for you.

No matter which way you go your gonna lose money. So it needs to make you happy because otherwise your just throwing money down the drain.

jk57

Established Member
Keep what you have put some miles on and enjoy it

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

DoubleApex

I'd just keep what you have and work on getting out of debt. Is it worth $15k+ for 5 years newer? A new car will depreciate faster so you're actually past the biggest point of depreciation already.

scott9050

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
I didn't supercharge my 14 until I paid it off. The 18 is a refresh, all new Mustang coming in a couple of years which will drive the 18 prices down hard.

Sent from my [device_name] using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Users who are viewing this thread