KDW2s on backorder. Should I get R888s?

M4_ELITE

Established Member
I have BFG KDW2s all around, stock rims. They hook much better than the Goodyear F1 GS D3s I had on before and the cheap Kumho's the previous owner had on it. But now the tread is low, and they are on national back order...

Thinking about getting Toyo R888s (275/40R17) after reading the reviews on here. My concern is, believe it or not will they be too sticky? I like assing it out on turns etc.. And I don't have too much power. What says you? Thx.

Roots-type

+displacement
Established Member
For an all around street tire, Vredestein Ultrac Sessanta have been my favorite by a long shot. I've been through many, many tires.

M4_ELITE

Established Member
I actually called onlinetires on June 4th as they didn't say they were out of stock, but in fact they are out. Thanks for looking though!

OK thanks guys, looks like I'll be ordering R888s!

jrichber

browser
Established Member
For an all around street tire, Vredestein Ultrac Sessanta have been my favorite by a long shot. I've been through many, many tires.

I do have to say i am really liking these tires. For my pretty much stock power they hook pretty darn good. And im hoping they last a good bit better than R888s would.

03svtcobracoupe

Established Member

I'm sure there good tires. But if a tire can be ugly these are the ugliest ones. I like the r888 for traction and bfg is a great all around tire for the most part the kdw2 will handle a 2nd gear stomp from an 03 with a 2.8l kenne bell. And fwiw they are flawless in the rain and ride comfort

Roots-type

+displacement
Established Member
I'm sure there good tires. But if a tire can be ugly these are the ugliest ones. I like the r888 for traction and bfg is a great all around tire for the most part the kdw2 will handle a 2nd gear stomp from an 03 with a 2.8l kenne bell. And fwiw they are flawless in the rain and ride comfort

Thanks. I like mine. Infact, people have gone out of their way to tell me they like how they look. You are the first in 7 years in person or on the internet that I've come across who did not like the appearance.

As far as rain, these things are nothing short of awesome. They are big competition for Pirelli and Michelin in Europe. They are also asymmetrical, so no dismounting tires to rotate them. Pull the wheel/tire off and swap it to the other side. No need to get a tire shop involved. A nice little "plus".

Roots-type

+displacement
Established Member
I do have to say i am really liking these tires. For my pretty much stock power they hook pretty darn good. And im hoping they last a good bit better than R888s would.

Vreds will last atleast twice as long as the 888s.

Users who are viewing this thread