KDW II on 18" AFS replicas (pics)

svtrookie

Established Member
Your car looks amazing with that combo! I was thinking about doing the same thing. Does anyone know the life expectancy of these tires on the street? I need a good daily driver tire. I am tired of replacing drag radials. Please let me know! Thanks

NVSnake

Established Member
If you don't mind me asking. Where and for how much did you purchase the wheels and tires? Thanks ahead of time!!

Tifosi2003GT

Established Member
looks awsome !!!!! Could you have did this combo w/o the spacers or were they needed for rubbing issues ?

Vae_Victus

Established Member

Yeah they're on 10.5" rears.

looks a lot like mine.. except i need to lower mine

i went with 295 in back and 275 in the front

IMG_0102.gif

IMG_0015.gif

I love the tinted tails. Thought about it for so long but decided to keep her as simple as possible. But lookin at urs makes me wonder lol

love the look dude! looks dead sexy... probably one of my favorite wheel/tire/color combinations :bowdown:

Thanks man. :beer:

looks perfect!!!

Thank you. :beer:

Sickest wheels on the best color and a great stance. You did it right man, saving up paid off!!

It sure did bro. I'm just glad they're finally on. Took too damn long. :D

That looks great man. Love my 335s!

Yeah i saw pics of ur car on other threads. I love ur michelins. It was a toss up between urs and the kdw's...but its that damn pattern that i can't get enough of lol.

Your car looks amazing with that combo! I was thinking about doing the same thing. Does anyone know the life expectancy of these tires on the street? I need a good daily driver tire. I am tired of replacing drag radials. Please let me know! Thanks

I wish i could tell u cuz i'm wondering the same thing. :shrug:

yea bro your car looks clean as hell..i love it..keep it up

thanks bro. :beer:

very nice looking Cobra man

thank you :beer:

If you don't mind me asking. Where and for how much did you purchase the wheels and tires? Thanks ahead of time!!

Of course i dont mind man. I purchased the rims from AFS and it cost me $945 USD. Speak with Julio and let him know that ur a member on this board, he will hook u up with a good price. The tires ran me $1450 CAD installed. I bought the tires from a shop locally. However when u consider how much i paid for shipping and tariffs it cost me roughly $3000. But since u live in Nevada it should run u roughly $2000 all in for wheels and tires. U guys have it so easy down south :cuss:

Thanks for all the compliments guys, much love.

:beer:

Vae_Victus

Established Member
looks awsome !!!!! Could you have did this combo w/o the spacers or were they needed for rubbing issues ?

The spacers are a definite MUST. Even with the spacers and the low profile IRS bolts, when the car is jacked up the inner part of the tires are literally only milimeters away from rubbing. But once she's on the ground again that gap expands and u end up with a nice .5-.75" gap which is more than safe. Remember tho every car reacts a little differently but for me that's what i had to do. Another note to consider is that without the spacers the tires will be a bit tucked in and not flushed as u see in the pics i posted. Just a thought. Good luck. :thumbsup:

RussZTT

Established Member
I am in need of tires and thought about these. I'm only on 17s but man these are $$$ I would hate to spin them heh.

angus18

Established Member
mine was about 1300 for the tires. mine are 275 in front and 295s in the back. wheels were 945 from afs shipping came to like 1095. so 2400 i spent on this set up. but it is the way to go. best combo on these cars

SickBlackMach

Throttling back
Established Member
I want to just to echo what the OP said... I have the same 335/30/18 BFG KDW II's on my CCW's. Just save yourself some time and headaches... Get the spacers! Roll the fenders!

I didn't roll enough my 1st go around and got some minor scuffs on the tire. I've gotten it corrected now.

Just gotta love the steam roller look with the fatties on the rear!!

waltd20012002

Established Member
Looks great man.
I'm with the guy that is tired of buying drag radials but my stance is perfect with the 315/30/18 G-Force DRs on 18x11 CCWs, stock springs cut 1 coil, no ISOs, MM lo-pro IRS bolts, & rolled fenders... No spacers
For some reason I can't find the KDW2s in a 315, only the 335. Am I looking in all the wrong places or what?

Vae_Victus

Established Member
Looks great man.
I'm with the guy that is tired of buying drag radials but my stance is perfect with the 315/30/18 G-Force DRs on 18x11 CCWs, stock springs cut 1 coil, no ISOs, MM lo-pro IRS bolts, & rolled fenders... No spacers
For some reason I can't find the KDW2s in a 315, only the 335. Am I looking in all the wrong places or what?

No ur not looking in the wrong place at all. Bfg simply doesn't offer the kdw 2's in a 315 size. They jump from 295 to 335 in one step. I think if they offered this tire in 315 (like they did in the past) u would see this tire on a lot more cobras.
Btw any pics of ur car? I would love to see the setup as well as the stance.

waltd20012002

Established Member
No ur not looking in the wrong place at all. Bfg simply doesn't offer the kdw 2's in a 315 size. They jump from 295 to 335 in one step. I think if they offered this tire in 315 (like they did in the past) u would see this tire on a lot more cobras.
Btw any pics of ur car? I would love to see the setup as well as the stance.

I thought that was the issue which really sucks.
here is a couple before i removed the rear springs and cut another 1/2 coil. it looks a ton better now and rides perfect, no scrubbing, rubbing, etc.

P1010629.jpg

P1010623.jpg

waltd20012002

Established Member
Thanks bud.. The CCWs really made the car for sure. I have been trying to trade them off for a set like yours and a little cash but I'm not gettin very far. I may just buck up and send them to be chromed. Polished is nice but its fragile; something about those lips causes sand & grit to get trapped in them and then you get surface scratches which leads to polishing... Chrome is just easier to live with.

Vae_Victus

Established Member
Yeah that's tru man. Chrome is simple to clean and maintenance is a breeze. Try getting them chromed before u trade them off. I think u will like them more than the replicas.

termynator

Established Member
i am getting ready to buy the same rim setup. my car has a solid 8.8 swap so will i need any kind of spacer? i plan to lower the car as well. also what offset is needed to make the rims stick out like the car in the first pic?

SVT03Chris

NASM Personal Trainer
Established Member
i am getting ready to buy the same rim setup. my car has a solid 8.8 swap so will i need any kind of spacer? i plan to lower the car as well. also what offset is needed to make the rims stick out like the car in the first pic?

I have a solid swap as well and no spacer is needed.

I'm running a low drop (Eibach Sportlines) and have 335s.

Users who are viewing this thread