KB owners stock cats or not

Fastford

Established Member
SO who runs stock cats with ther KB powerd 03's making close to 600 rwhp?? I think that they are a contributing factor to my hot plugs.

AMB

Established Member
KB with stock cats

I have a KB at 23lbs with Bassani mid lengh headers and the stock cats and MagnaFlow 2.25" mufflers and Dr. Gas X Pipes, one Fwd. and one Aft. of the mufflers.

AMB

DPS

Established Member
Dr. Gas X Pipes, one Fwd. and one Aft. of the mufflers.
:dw: . O.K. you lost me there. why???

AMB

Established Member
DPS

IT equalizes/increses the flow before and after the mufflers using the stock 2.25" exhaust.

AMB

DPS

Established Member
Re: DPS

Originally posted by AMB
IT equalizes/increses the flow before and after the mufflers using the stock 2.25" exhaust.

AMB

Thankyou. I had never heard of that. What kind of performance increase? Do you like the sound? Sorry so many questions, but I am still kind of a new to some of the mods.

:beer:

AMB

Established Member
DPS

I/some people like the sound of the X pipes, some people don't. It sounds like a high pitch, vice a low pitch of a H pipe.

AMB

bassin247

hates reposts
Established Member
KB@15 561rwhp full bassani w/ bassani cats and I am looking for another cat because these suck.

DPS

Established Member
Re: DPS

Originally posted by AMB
I/some people like the sound of the X pipes, some people don't. It sounds like a high pitch, vice a low pitch of a H pipe.

AMB

I have the catted X from Magna Flow. The sound is ok. The low pitch is more appealing to me but I don't want to lose the performance over the stock H. To me, it sounds like a small block should sound and since this isn't a 429 it makes it ok for me (did that make since?).:)

venom279

Established Member
I have the KB 15#. It has Kooks longtubes, JDM off-road H-pipe, and a magnaflow vatback. It is a crazy loud SOB!! I was thinking of switching to a Dr. Gas shorty X-pipe to help quiet it down a little, any thoughts???

Later

AMB

Established Member
venum 279

The X pipe will HELP a little and change the tone from a LOW to a HIGH tone. I would try a second X pipe behind the mufflers, where they almost come together after the mufflers. I have them on my 03 Cobra. I stayed with the STOCK 2.25" exhaust pipes and MagnaFlow P/N 11225 2.25" mufflers,to keep the exhaust Quiet. I have Bassani midlength headers and the Stock Cats, (No Pre-Cats) and running a KB at23 PSI with about 600 SAE RWHP and about 600 SAE RWTq.

AMB

DPS

Established Member
Hey racerat, off of the topic, but hows the car??? Sorry to hear about then engine. Did you ever find out what roasted the pistons?

racerat

200+mph Boss-O-Matic!
Established Member
Originally posted by DPS
Hey racerat, off of the topic, but hows the car??? Sorry to hear about then engine. Did you ever find out what roasted the pistons?

The car is not racking up miles for now ;-)
No conclusive evidence except that heat and detonation are not our friends.

Users who are viewing this thread