KB Oil Cap Problem ????

SVPAM

Established Member
I have a 03 Cobra with 2.6 KB, built stroked motor, fuel sys and full exhaust

I swapped the upper KB pulley from 3.25 to 2.75'' ( The smallest pulley in KB )
After I swap the pulley at the same day, s/c oil melt the oil cap and goes out, I thought it's over fill so I replaced the cap and decreased the level as per KB instructions to 1/4'' to 3/8'' from the bottom mark, The same problem but the cap was OK ( Did not melt ) I decreased it again and again and the same problem I found the oil goes out from the supercharger from the cap !!!!! Now almost no oil I see 2 colors of oil light and heavy in the dipstick when I check the dipstick the light is about 1''- 1.25'' from the bottom mark and the heavy (or dark) oil is at the end of the dipstick.

Note that I did put any boost no any full throttle or race gas yet or anything.
Cooling sys of the s/c is OK.
What could be the problem ?
please tell me what to do or what to check (Maybe I have to return back the bigger pulley ? coz the small one increase the rotation of s/c gears, but 2.6 should give up to 26-28 PSI with no problems !! )

venom1997

Screwed by the Twins
Established Member
I have a 03 Cobra with 2.6 KB, built stroked motor, fuel sys and full exhaust

I swapped the upper KB pulley from 3.25 to 2.75'' ( The smallest pulley in KB )
After I swap the pulley at the same day, s/c oil melt the oil cap and goes out, I thought it's over fill so I replaced the cap and decreased the level as per KB instructions to 1/4'' to 3/8'' from the bottom mark, The same problem but the cap was OK ( Did not melt ) I decreased it again and again and the same problem I found the oil goes out from the supercharger from the cap !!!!! Now almost no oil I see 2 colors of oil light and heavy in the dipstick when I check the dipstick the light is about 1''- 1.25'' from the bottom mark and the heavy (or dark) oil is at the end of the dipstick.

Note that I did put any boost no any full throttle or race gas yet or anything.
Cooling sys of the s/c is OK.
What could be the problem ?
please tell me what to do or what to check (Maybe I have to return back the bigger pulley ? coz the small one increase the rotation of s/c gears, but 2.6 should give up to 26-28 PSI with no problems !! )

how much boost are you seeing i think that pulley is too small and your overspinning that blower:shrug:

SVPAM

Established Member
I did not see any boost ! I want to fix this problem before I run the boost and loose the s/c
By the way, I got the pulley dircet from KB not from workshop

Users who are viewing this thread