KB Install With Pics!

laddanator

Established Member
So I'm happy to report after letting the car run for 30 mins and I assume the computer adjusting to the changes, the car is running much, much better. The fuel pressure while running is 32 psi and will jump up to 40 if I pull the vacuum line of the FRP and my vacuum gauge shows 19"HG so if I do have a vacuum leak, it's super small. I know a true tune will get it close to perfect but I'm going to run it a week or so to make sure all is well before the tune trip.

Lzr96Snake

burning up in speed
Established Member
Thanks! I noticed the gas pedal feels really sensitive. Maybe it's just me?

Could be the way the throttle cable is mounted now. Did you use the bracket that came with the kit? I noticed a difference in my throttle being sensitive after the install too, but I got use to it.

Have you drove it yet?

laddanator

Established Member
Could be the way the throttle cable is mounted now. Did you use the bracket that came with the kit? I noticed a difference in my throttle being sensitive after the install too, but I got use to it.

Have you drove it yet?

I did use the bracket that came with the kit and it's been snowing here so I haven't been able to drive it. The cruise control cable is a pain to hook up. I've left it undone for now.

racecougar

MN12 parts guy
Established Member
Thanks! I noticed the gas pedal feels really sensitive. Maybe it's just me?

I added a dual return spring on mine to increase pedal effort. This is an older picture, but it's the best shot of the return spring setup that I have on this computer at the moment.

engine%209-15-12_zps0b4e57ef.jpg

Last edited:

laddanator

Established Member
I added a dual return spring on mine to increase pedal effort. This is an older picture, but it's the best shot of the return spring setup that I have on this computer at the moment.

engine%209-15-12_zps0b4e57ef.jpg

Nice! From the pics, looks like you ran the stock spring thru the center of a bigger spring?

laddanator

Established Member
They were both springs I had here at the shop. You may be able to use the stock spring with another though.

Thanks for the info. I just took her down the road for the first time since the install and I must say, she is running good. I didn't get into boost at all. Still need my on site tune but it's running well.

laddanator

Established Member
Any updates? New pics?

I do have some updates and pics but I've run into a snag. I had to pull blower back off because the IAT sensor broke of in the intake (long story) and I couldn't get it out unless I removed blower. Got it all back together and was running fine until my fuel pressure dropped to 10 pounds and I could smell heavy raw gas under the hood. Not sure if an injector has come loose or stuck open but I could see gas coming out around where the lower KB intake bolts to the IMRC delete plates. I'm ready to sell this damn car! Lol

mwolson

Gray beard
Established Member
You can check for a stuck open injector by checking the fuel pressure after you turn the key off. The pressure should hold for at least several minutes.

laddanator

Established Member
You can check for a stuck open injector by checking the fuel pressure after you turn the key off. The pressure should hold for at least several minutes.

I meant to do an update. I didn't tighten back down the fuel rails once I reinstalled the blower and the first injector on the drive side rail popped out spraying gas everywhere. I got it all bolted down and running fine again. Got my tune appointment Friday.

laddanator

Established Member
Off to Fastlane Motor Sports in about an hour for my tune! Can't wait to open Mysty up on the ride home tomorrow.

Users who are viewing this thread